Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)

The readers post their own reviews.
matmico399

Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)

Postby matmico399 » December 28th, 2021, 4:27 pm

I have only been playing this for about 5 days now, so I can't give an overall review. There should have been a tutorial to show you how to do everything. It took me 2 days to even figure out how to use an herb for Pete's sake! Planting a remote bomb I still haven't figured out. It's been FIVE days. Why they would mess with the simple feature like using herbs and stuff is beyond me.

I read Dave's review and I was like it's an RE game. I think he is judging too harshly. The opening stage with the helicopter was exciting, and I said this is great, I can't wait to see more. Unlucky for me I did. Never have I said "I don't know if I will finish this RE game or not". Well times change my friends. I never thought I would say this but there is such a thing as TOO MUCH ACTION! This game personifies that. As Dave said the levels are waaaay to long. First mission after the opening level took me almost TWO HOURS to complete. Didn't Capcom realize most people can't commit that long of a time between levels? And the action is just so overwhelming. Once you and your partner kill 30 zombies, you walk 5 feet and have to kill another 30. There really is no time to think or admire the scenery because if you do within three seconds another zombie will be munching your neck. There is hardly anytime to breathe and just finishing a level feels exhausting. No pausing? And lastly it just isn't very fun. Just tiresome.

For those that have played, does it get any better. If not this one will probably be sitting on my shelves for years.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 28th, 2021, 5:52 pm

Yeah this one didn't clock too many hours in my 360. I remember marveling at some of the dark, rainy visuals, but NOT BEING ABLE TO ENJOY THEM because they game just hurries you along.

I guess they were going for a whole new "feel" but it just didn't work.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 30th, 2021, 3:11 pm

I hear they had 4 different teams working on the game. Each got a stage. The monster hunter stage was an all time low for the series. I seem to remember it was a game where I just asked why? Why change what was good about the RE series. Probably worth playing for a couple of hours. I did not enjoy it much and think the critic was very fair in his review of this game.

Return to “Reader Reviews”