Streets of Rage 1

The readers post their own reviews.
Cafeman

Re: Streets of Rage 1

Postby Cafeman » March 28th, 2022, 11:35 pm

I agree with and enjoyed reading this review of SOR. I always preferred SOR2. But recently after watching miss Rat707 play the first game on Twitch for a month, it inspired me to replay it on my Sega Collection on PS4, and I have truly been enjoying it more than ever. Me and son played through it tonight again in 2P mode, beat it.

It's a hard game until you get some experience. The Big Ben (his SOR2 name) fire breathing boss was tough until I understood the pattern. But not nearly as unfair as the 2nd fight with Mona and Lisa without any special bazooka assistance, right before the final Mr. X battle. Rat707 still hasnt been able to figure out how to beat the twins and she may give up.

Buttermancan

Re: Streets of Rage 1

Postby Buttermancan » March 30th, 2022, 5:03 am

What a great game to play through with your son. Glad you enjoyed reading my thoughts on this title. Two players dealing with Mona & Lisa is hopefully easier; I found it incredibly difficult by myself. From what i recall, the way I dealt with them was to time the end of their flying kicks with that of my own but the timing window was so tight.

Return to “Reader Reviews”