House of the Dead Remake (Switch) (Preview)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

House of the Dead Remake (Switch) (Preview)

Postby Zack Burner » April 9th, 2022, 9:26 pm

I just heard about this today, and saw a Youtube video of it, containing full footage and unlockables, since it got released a few days ago! From what I see, I have to have this game (that is if it can be playable on a Switch Lite that is......)! I have fond memories playing the original arcade game, and from I have seen in the video, it manages to play and feel like the original, so far so good. Remember all the bad acting and dialogue? You get that too, although the music is different, which kind of stinks. Another thing is during boss fights, in order to first do damage you need to shoot off a piece of armor such as the area of the chest in Chariot and the arms and legs of Magician. The gore is on level with the 3rd game, cartoonish splashes of blood and melt away upon defeat. You get two modes of play: original and horde for a more advanced play. You even get a bunch of unlockable guns such as crossbow, pitter, assault rifle, and grenade launcher. So perhaps I'll get this one soon, let's just hope it's compatible with what I have......

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: House of the Dead Remake (Switch) (Preview)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 10th, 2022, 8:38 am

This is great news! I think the original House of the Dead was a bit before its time. It was a terrific game except for the chunky, murky polygon graphics (at least on the Saturn). Cleaning it up would be a great idea. Will there be any kind of gun support?

Fingers crossed for physical media!

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » April 10th, 2022, 4:05 pm

Update and very important: If you have just the Switch Lite, forget it. I just found out online from one review, that it cannot be played handheld. Good thing I found that out or it would have been bad....Oh well.....

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 11th, 2022, 4:58 pm

I just pre-ordered this one off Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/House-Dead-Remak ... B09V9MY7HK

And according to the question section, it is compatible with the Switch light.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » April 11th, 2022, 6:03 pm

Woo! Thank you for finding that out! Now I HAVE to get this game! It's going to be a literal blast! :D

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 11th, 2022, 7:28 pm

I really want this game, but not without a light gun. I wish they would make a dedicated light gun that uses the Joycon technology, but is inexpensive. I don't really want a Joycon holder...

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » April 11th, 2022, 8:48 pm

There's zero reason someone couldn't license the Sinden technology for consoles and release it with several games. Hmm, I wonder...

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » April 12th, 2022, 1:43 am

Zack Burner wrote:Update and very important: If you have just the Switch Lite, forget it. I just found out online from one review, that it cannot be played handheld. Good thing I found that out or it would have been bad....Oh well.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BjEaoqUZlE

Video of handheld play.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 1st, 2022, 9:57 pm

It looks abysmal. Recycling old games is good but it is made with Unity, so you know it is going to look average. Though a remake of it without a light gun. I will await the review.

Return to “Reader Reviews”