Monopoly (NES)

The readers post their own reviews.
Eric

Re: Monopoly (NES)

Postby Eric » March 10th, 2024, 7:36 pm

I was buying gas a few hours ago and noticed that there were Monopoly-themed lottery tickets for sale. That made me curious about how many other video game versions have been developed over the years. There's a Wikipedia article called "Monopoly in video games" that shows a game being released every few years from the beginning of the home computer era all the way up to today with IOS and Android. Pretty amazing staying power.

Speaking of hookers and hotels, there was a politically incorrect parody released back around 2000 called "Ghettopoly." Instead of building houses and hotels you built crack houses and projects. I remember the pieces included a pimp, a ho, and a 40 ouncer. This was back in the days before social media when email forwards were the way a lot of things went viral. Someone in our office got an email about "Ghettopoly" one day and we all just about died from laughter.

MaverickMoPete

Postby MaverickMoPete » March 11th, 2024, 4:32 pm

Eric wrote:Speaking of hookers and hotels, there was a politically incorrect parody released back around 2000 called "Ghettopoly." Instead of building houses and hotels you built crack houses and projects. I remember the pieces included a pimp, a ho, and a 40 ouncer. This was back in the days before social media when email forwards were the way a lot of things went viral. Someone in our office got an email about "Ghettopoly" one day and we all just about died from laughter.

You mean this?

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » March 11th, 2024, 6:59 pm

this past Christmas one of my relatives bought a Monopoly game so the whole family had to play it...1st of all everything has gotten so small! i could barely see the writing on the board and the cards and the playing pieces were so tiny!...i had a terrible time.the game was sooo boring and i couldnt wait for them to get tired of it and end the game..i kept telling them next time bring a trivial pursuit game or something

Eric

Postby Eric » March 12th, 2024, 10:21 pm

Thanks for posting MaverickMoPete. That's the one. I'm surprised it is still being sold.

Never knew about Redneckopoly. Equally politically incorrect.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » March 13th, 2024, 2:23 pm

This is the best version of Monopoly I have ever played. Nice and streamlined, not bogged down by animations. As a kid I could get through a game before my mom made me do my homework, and nowadays can play before my wife nags me about the recycling.

Return to “Reader Reviews”