SNES Review

The readers post their own reviews.
Robotrek

Re: SNES Review

Postby Robotrek » July 20th, 2021, 4:05 am

Matchstick wrote:
MSR1701 wrote:The best console of that era? Game boy.

You know, the older I get, the more I tend to agree with this sentiment. While I'm happy for everyone that got to grow up in a stable environment where a TV & game console combo was always at the ready, for those of us who moved around a lot, or had to stay with older relatives for an extended period, the Game Boy was a real lifeline.

That, and for situations like this one -

Gleebergloben123 wrote:...in a 100 square foot apt...

My first apartment was a "studio" inside a Victorian house from the 1800s. It was tiny. It was drafty. It had ants, mice, and rats. Most of the wall outlets didn't work. Buuuuuut my Game Boy Pocket worked just fine! I didn't have a TV for the longest time, and spent most of my time at work or in the art studios on campus, so long, dedicated hours of gaming in front of the TV just weren't in the cards. But man, that Game Boy could go anywhere, and take it everywhere, I did.

I'm happy for those that have fond memories of the Super NES. Really. Myself, I could take or leave it, as it wasn't really a major part of my life or childhood. My neighbors at one point had a Genesis, and I do have fond memories of it. As an adult who now owns both consoles, I greatly prefer the Genesis for what I view is a greater library of pick-up-and-play games. My wife, however, holds dear to her Super NES. We play Mario Paint on a regular basis, and always have a good time.

Personally, I wouldn't call either 16-bit console the "best" or "greatest" ever, but for those that feel that way, well, more power to you :D

Boy can I relate! In 1994 I lived under a bar in Baltimore, and I suffered from just not having enough electrical outlets. Now, the place was terrible to begin with. The carpeting in this basement was dank as all heck, and it got pretty smelly sometimes from the mildew. I was generally unable to plug in my consoles with my TV because I required a fan in the summer. But thanks to my Gameboy, I was able to play tons of games without worrying about having enough plugs! I can't tell you how much wave race I played.

JohanOberg

Postby JohanOberg » October 9th, 2021, 6:32 pm

I did a Top 50 list of Super Famicom games(in a youtube video along with top 40 famicom and 10 disk system) that never released outside Japan so I feel pretty confident that the SNES has an A+ library. More people like the Critic needs to get into import gaming!

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » October 13th, 2021, 2:39 am

JohanOberg wrote:I did a Top 50 list of Super Famicom games(in a youtube video along with top 40 famicom and 10 disk system) that never released outside Japan so I feel pretty confident that the SNES has an A+ library. More people like the Critic needs to get into import gaming!

I saw those videos. I loved them! Great job.

Return to “Reader Reviews”