SNES Review

The readers post their own reviews.
JasonhasRSI1

SNES Review

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » December 1st, 2008, 10:26 am

[QUOTE=m0zart][QUOTE=Yap]

Best console ever! Awesome review, Logan!

[/QUOTE]

Logan, you realize that some of us can tell when you post under different names, right?

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Luke

SNES Review

Postby Luke » December 1st, 2008, 12:46 pm

[QUOTE=MANKIND]its not a review but an opinion [/QUOTE]
Agreed. The SNES was great but actually did have some flaws. One that automatically comes to mind would be how some earlier games were watered down and changed due to Nintendo's strict stance on violence. Games like Mortal Kombat and Aladdin were completely different than the versions found on the Sega Genesis and PC.

Logan Ruckman

SNES Review

Postby Logan Ruckman » December 2nd, 2008, 12:15 am

[QUOTE=Logan Ruckman][QUOTE=m0zart][QUOTE=Yap]

Best console ever! Awesome review, Logan!

[/QUOTE]

Logan, you realize that some of us can tell when you post under different names, right?

[/QUOTE]

Oh damn, you got me! I swear on the Bible that Happy Gilmore and Yap will be gone forever and I will never ever use a fake name again! I promise and swear on my life and to God!

[/QUOTE]

Unless I tell you guys!

Alienblue

SNES Review

Postby Alienblue » December 2nd, 2008, 6:23 pm

COLECOVISION WAS THE BEST SYSTEM EVER! IT HAS NO FLAWS WHATSOEVER
(ok except a giant brick AC adaptor that overheats)! I RATE IT
A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++..+!

Overall I have more fun with the Genesis. The SNES has SLIGHTLY better graphics and music, if you compare MORTAL KOMBAT or STREET FIGHTER II or CONTRA.

But take a look at Genesis RISTAR, THUNDERFORCE 3, SONIC one and two, and CASTLEVANIA:BLOODLINES. The colours and sound in these games are amazing. DYNAMITE HEADY and MICKY MANIA are two more examples of outdoing the SNES.

And the Genesis FROGGER is arcade perfect. The SNES Frogger is like a botched 2600 version!

Just because a system has better SPECS does NOT mean it has better games. The SNES has SOME great games, but nowhere near as many as GENESIS!

Genesis does what Nintendon't ain't not even right wrongs!
(this actually makes sense if you have not slept in six days.
Good night gracie.)

LoganRuckman

Re: SNES Review

Postby LoganRuckman » July 8th, 2021, 3:43 pm

Sorry to bump this incredibly old topic, but Jesus Christ, I was embarrassing back then, and this was also my phase of ending every sentence with an exclamation point, and when I would sadly use fake names to give myself praise. Dear lord. To be fair to myself though, I was only 15 when I wrote this, plus it was 2008, and I feel like everyone in the late '00s/early '10s was a little cringe. I do miss a lot from that era though. Never thought I'd be nostalgic for that time period back then, but here we are. Now I'm 27, almost 28, and just slightly more mature.

Again, sorry for the bump, but I felt like reminiscing to be honest. It's good to laugh at your old self sometimes. It shows how much you've grown and improved as a person.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 8th, 2021, 3:58 pm

Pretty funny! You have to love that youthful exuberance!

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » July 8th, 2021, 4:06 pm

I miss Alienblue

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » July 8th, 2021, 10:28 pm

Gentlegamer wrote:I miss Alienblue

Didn't he die of cancer or something?

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » July 8th, 2021, 10:47 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:Sorry to bump this incredibly old topic, but... this was also my phase of ending every sentence with an exclamation point...

I love seeing old topics like this. As someone whos's only been coming here for five or six years, it's amazing to see how far back the site goes, and who's been on the forums for ages. Your former habit of ending sentences with exclaimation points is *still* something I'm working on curbing in my own writing. Same goes for smileys. But, then again, it's kind of how I talk, too! Besides...

VideoGameCritic wrote:Pretty funny! You have to love that youthful exuberance!

... at least we aren't the only ones doing it :lol:

(dammit, I did the smiley thing, again...)

I will say this, going back to your original write-up - sometimes, the hardest thing to do is to find fault with the things you love. It's easier to do as you get older (as you've no doubt noticed) but in your teenage years, yeah, dissenting opinions are pretty easy to take personal. "Somebody doesn't like my favorite thing - IT'S AN ATTACK ON MEEEEEEEE!!" Heh. We all go through that phase. But as long as you can get to a point where you can look back on it and laugh, you're in a good place, LR.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 9th, 2021, 5:36 am

Robotrek wrote:
Gentlegamer wrote:I miss Alienblue

Didn't he die of cancer or something?

I hope he's around and doing well, but this was the last news on Alienblue, back in 2015: https://videogamecritic.com/forums/view ... 84&t=12994 . Sounds like he was still doing well then; hope that's still the case.

He did write about his illness frequently, sounding pretty ominous about the terminal nature of it as far back as like 2007. So it's great to see he was still doing ok in 2015. Really great guy. His last posts were during a brief resurfacing in 2013. I think he had moved away from his collection at that point and downsized to playing DS games and the sort.

From his posts, he always seemed happy to receive emails (blufox@midcoast.com), if anyone closer to him is inclined to reach out. Midcoast was bought out years ago though, so not sure the email address is still active.

Return to “Reader Reviews”