Metroid Pinball: Ds

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » February 19th, 2006, 1:51 pm

I think I posted a bit on this some time ago, under GENERAL, but I might as well put it here too:

METROID PINBALL (Nintendo DS) A+

Critic, GET THIS GAME! If you liked that silly " Mario pinball land" for GBA and want to play a REAL pinball, this is the best pin game I've played in my 20+ years of gaming, handheld or console (though PS1's TRUE PINBALL and a couple of PC pins come close in quality)....

First, the METROID THEME is very well intergrated, but unlike MARIO PL it isn't "in your face"...if you don't care about METROID the game still plays well alone. Yet if you do, there are weapon power ups to grab, enemies to shoot in "battle mode" straight from the Metroid games, the jellyfish-like metroids and levels like the crashed ship you will recognize...

This game is simple FUN FUN FUN from the word go! The physics are dead on, and since the DS has dual screens you will never lose sight of the ball or experience dreaded "scrolling" effects ... everything is the right size and the switch between screens is FAST. By the way, the touch screen is only used to "hit" the table to nudge the ball-just use the shoulder buttons and X/Y for the weapons. Control is perfect! There are several levels (two selectable t start) and all manor of targets, still and moving. Great effects like the rainstorm add to the fun.

This game has surpassed ZOOKEEPER as my most played DS game. If you have even a passing interest in pinball and own a DS, you MUST HAVE THIS GAME! Bring on METROPINBALLMANIA! ( ;

John Rowland

Postby John Rowland » March 4th, 2006, 11:32 am

This review is right on!  I am not a pinball expert (not even close), but I can say that this is the slickest, most polished, varied, and overall fun pinball game I have yet played.  And I have played Pinball of the Dead (you heard me Zen). 

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 4th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Here's the dealbreaker for me............

I've never liked Metriod games but I love the House Of The Dead games. It's very natural that I would prefer Pinball Of The Dead over Metriod Prime Pinball, even though Metriod Prime Pinball is a good game.

Also..come on..........a giant metal ball rolling over zombies and making them splat like insects is FUNNY..it never gets old!

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » March 5th, 2006, 9:40 am

ZEN: if you like pinball, you should get Metroidprime pin. You may never like it as much as killing zombies with your balls, but as I said, you DO NOT have to like METROID (I played only the very first game on NES!) to enjoy this game. It also has big bugs that go splat, too, ok?

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 5th, 2006, 6:24 pm

I've owned Metriod Prime Pinball for a considerable amount of time. Zen never-ever-ever comments about a game unless he owns it

Koopa Warrior

Postby Koopa Warrior » March 6th, 2006, 4:27 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]ZEN: if you like pinball, you should get Metroidprime pin. You may never like it as much as killing zombies with your balls, but as I said, you DO NOT have to like METROID (I played only the very first game on NES!) to enjoy this game. It also has big bugs that go splat, too, ok? [/QUOTE]

Too Much Info for this gamer!

Return to “Reader Reviews”