I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

The readers post their own reviews.
Bryan

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Bryan » February 20th, 2006, 12:01 am

DUDE I got my website to work heres the link  http://www.engr.iupui.edu/~reid/bryan/index.html

Go to it

JustLikeHeaven1

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » February 20th, 2006, 12:19 pm

I like the overeall design of the site...but if you are willing to listen I will offer some contructive criticism.  First there are spelling-mistakes and they need to be addressed.  Second I feel that your ratings are a bit skewed.  Let me explain.  An A+ game is considered to be an absolutely perfect game.  In the history of videogames very few should ever be given such a score.  Look at the Critic's site...there are only a handful of A+ games and he has hundreds of reviews.  You are giving out A+'s left and right and it makes the people reading wonder what you base your grades on.  Do yourself a favor and be more critical of games that you review.  There is no way that snowboarding kids deserves to be in the same class as The legend of Zelda.  Other than that keep up the good work.

PS - I think you dropped the ball with SpaceStation Silicon Valley.  That is one of the best N64 games available.  Its an original concept that is well executed and very enjoyable from start to finish.  I've even seen it on top 100 lists on the internet.  You are of course entitled to your own opinion since its your site!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 20th, 2006, 3:10 pm

[QUOTE=Bryan]

DUDE I got my website to work heres the link  http://www.engr.iupui.edu/~reid/bryan/index.html

Go to it

[/QUOTE]

Dude,
I'm glad you were inspired by my site, but yours really needs an identity.  Seriously, instead of copying my site exactly, try really need to come up with a style and layout of your own. You're even using my color scheme!  I'm sure you can come up with something fresh and original if you try hard enough.  Good luck.
Dave

bryan

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby bryan » February 20th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Hey, thanks for all the sugestions! I have changed most of the grades and added a lot more stuff into the reviews, I will change the layout, but as everyone knows, it takes time to make a good one, so when I come with it, it will be changed! And I also have to update it using iupui's server, it's costly in time, so by tuesday everything will be good

Thanks again! I'm always ready for constructive critisism!

Bryan

sega saturn x

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby sega saturn x » February 20th, 2006, 5:01 pm

How in the world did mario golf get an F yet the horrible and broken lego racer got an A? 

Bryan

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Bryan » February 20th, 2006, 7:32 pm

It's simply just my opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the concept of making a over-all review website has been taken and reused so many times, if I were to make a website rating video games on what every one thought of them, I'd look stupid because the idea has been perfected. So I made one with my opinions. Surely you understand?

Bryan

JustLikeHeaven1

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » February 20th, 2006, 9:13 pm

[QUOTE=Bryan]

It's simply just my opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the concept of making a over-all review website has been taken and reused so many times, if I were to make a website rating video games on what every one thought of them, I'd look stupid because the idea has been perfected. So I made one with my opinions. Surely you understand?

Bryan

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with the grade given.  In fact I haven't even played Mario Golf, but I heard it was a great game.  I want to know WHY you gave it a F.  You don't really tell the reader anything in detail.  You simply state that the game is awful and don't give us any reasons.  Does it suffer from poor control?  Is it too hard for the average gamer?  Please do yourself a favor and elaborate on pros and cons.  When somebody reads a review they want to read about specific things that made the reviewer upset as well as elated.  Again you can tell me to shut up if you want...I'm just trying to lend a helping hand.

Boston

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Boston » February 20th, 2006, 9:43 pm

I would have to second the notion that your scoring system is a bit too liberal. But that is my two scents. Keep up the sense of humor, it works pretty well. You may want to throw a few lines in explaining what the game is about. Some of your reviews, I believe, assume the reader has played the game. Good luck.

sega saturn x

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby sega saturn x » February 21st, 2006, 12:40 am

[QUOTE=Bryan]

Bryan

[/QUOTE]
I understand alright, but you should understand when poeple see grades like that they pretty much discredit your opinions on the matter.  Especially when they are just really out there.

Alienblue

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Alienblue » February 21st, 2006, 7:23 am

Okay, my two senses... sensai.... whatever...

First , critic, don't be too harsh on him copying your style for the moment. It is a very good, clean style that YOU have perfected over the years. I remember in art class, the teacher said "Plagarism (copying) was ENCOURAGED!" ..that was so people wouldn't get stuck trying to come up with an idea but rather have a base to work on. Hopefully, once the more important stuff is taken care of, bryan can come up with his own color scheme and add personalized details/etc... (btw, come up with a name for yourself besides Bryan. Like "The 64 MAN!" or something.

Even though I prefer classic systems, I think you should stick with N64 reviews as that seems to be your area of specialty.
Don't spread yourself too thin. THE CRITIC has built up his site on many systems but OY, the YEARS that have gone INTO this excellent site!

And, as an English minor in college, I would have to say critically, pay closer attention to your writing! Example: Don't just say something "sucks". Overused. Say it "sucks like the Toranado in Wizard of OZ!" or something more original. And unlike this leter (sorry I dont have a spellchecck) DO spell check your stuff. Like you said, this will take time! Very good so far- hang in there!

Return to “Reader Reviews”