New review! Mario Party (Nintendo 64)

The readers post their own reviews.
Bryan

Postby Bryan » February 21st, 2006, 7:00 pm

Hey! This game is on my website right now, but I STILL need to update it through the server! Anyhoo here it is!

Mario Party (Nintendo- Febuary, 1999) - B+
Hey, this is pretty good! I just had 2 buddies over, and we played like no tomorrow! Although, I should really point out... It's extremely hard to get a team game (2 on 2), and we had the same game maybe 20 times! But I heard that the other Mario Parties fixed the lack of games, so not to worry, not to worry. This game is only fun if you have multiple players (Hence it being the first 'party' game). I think this game has some serious potential! In fact all the courses and selections of characters are puzzling, and all the mini-games are cool too. But believe me, if you dont want to redo a lot of video games, only do 35 turns, and that's a nother excellent quality of this game, you can choose 20, 35, or 50 turns! So if you need a quick 30 minute game, pick 20, for a good hour? 50 moves! This game was the inspiration for 6 more Mario Parties. My hats off to you Nintendo for making a some-what perfect game!

All-In-All
PROS: CONS:
Awsome multi-player Hard to get a 2 on 2 game
A lot of selections, from courses to characters
You can choose how many turns you want (20, 35, or 50)

Lots of mini games

Rating- E (Everyone)
Players- 1-4

How do you guys like the conclusion PROS and CONS thing? It's a work in progress!

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 25th, 2006, 9:41 am

That's a nice, brief review.I don't know if I agree with the score, as I haven't played that game.  I can reccomend 2 and 7 wholeheartedly though (there are  lot more games in those, and 7 has ome great boards).  I definitely agree that it is a game made fun with people playing (it's almost useless otherwise).  However, it isn't the first "party" game.  It's the first Mario Party game.  I would think Warlords was the first popular videogame party game.  Also, the Bomberman multiplayer games (made by the same people Nintendo gets to make the Mario Party games) predat it.
I like the pros and cons thing. 

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 25th, 2006, 7:46 pm

[QUOTE=Atarifever]That's a nice, brief review.I don't know if I agree with the score, as I haven't played that game.  I can reccomend 2 and 7 wholeheartedly though (there are  lot more games in those, and 7 has ome great boards).  I definitely agree that it is a game made fun with people playing (it's almost useless otherwise).  However, it isn't the first "party" game.  It's the first Mario Party game.  I would think Warlords was the first popular videogame party game.  Also, the Bomberman multiplayer games (made by the same people Nintendo gets to make the Mario Party games) predat it.
I like the pros and cons thing. 
[/QUOTE]
That should say "a game made fun with other people playing".

Return to “Reader Reviews”