Megamania (Atari 2600)

The readers post their own reviews.
Stephen

Megamania (Atari 2600)

Postby Stephen » July 31st, 2011, 8:05 pm

Oh yes,a real gem indeed! This is a classic in my eyes. I remember buying this the day of release,I brought it home,opened the box,popped it in,and had an absolute blast!

The first thing I noticed were the sound effects,which were impressive considering the rough beeps that usually come from the system.

But what makes this game a real winner is the game play,which is very addicting!The enemies move in several patterns at different speeds,but it's hard to distinguish what they're supposed to be!

I also like the controls,you can jerk your cannon back and fourth while shooting to curve your shots,that is if you are on the first variation (which I recommend to play on)

It gets hard to play after a while,but for maximum points,I have a trick for the first board.

On the first board move to the left while holding the button,tap right every time you hit an enemy,and when you get to the end,jerk it to the left and then tap right a few times.If done correctly you will have hit every ship with out a miss!

Overall this is one heck of a good time!

B+

Return to “Reader Reviews”