Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks (Playstation 2)

The readers post their own reviews.
Linkdude

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks (Playstation 2)

Postby Linkdude » June 15th, 2006, 12:57 pm

Ok, is it just me, or am I just stupid? Shaolin Monks is NOT what I want from Midway. They had to delay another year for Armageddon, which isn't fair, because I wasted $50 on this junk. The story is a little interesting (hence the word "little"), because it's during MK1 and MK2. But the rest of the game is awful. You beat up a guy about 10 times, and he doesn't die! Maybe they're invincible, or they take little damage. What do I have to do, just run away like a wuss and then do some powerful attack and he still doesn't die? Knock him into a death-trap. Yes, it's just not as fun as what Deception showed for those. Midway has a lot of explaining to do for this abysmal adventure game that doesn't even have a lot of stuff for you to do. It's very short, but there's a versus mode where you can practice fatalities. BORING! There's also a MK2 arcade game ready to be unlocked, but I WANT IT NOW!!! NOT LATER! A demo of The Suffering 2: Ties that Bind is actually the only thing I have to like, but it can't raise the worst grade I have to give a Mortal Kombat game. I'm sorry if others liked it, but that's how it goes. Grade: F

Return to “Reader Reviews”