Super Star Wars review

The readers post their own reviews.
nesfan1

Super Star Wars review

Postby nesfan1 » January 21st, 2012, 7:36 pm

[QUOTE=SNESfreak]@nesfan
Really? What difficulty setting are you playing on? Normal or easy ( and no, I'm not going to even talk about the Jedi mode because that's kinda reserved for the massicists) I can't even beat the game on easy but I can (sometimes) get past the second stage then later on in the death star things just begin to get insane, you're constantly mobbed by security droids and the platforming suddenly hits a difficulty spike.

I guess the reason I didn't punish the game for being so brutal is because like the films, the Super Star Wars series is a classic and well designed to suit the theme of the film.[/QUOTE]
... So there are difficulty settings, are there? Heh, I knew that. Of course I did...

ActRaiser1

Super Star Wars review

Postby ActRaiser1 » January 22nd, 2012, 12:07 am

I always thought this one was a piece of cake compared to Empire Strikes Back.  That one had one heck of a brutal difficulty, although I think in large part its difficulty was due to the "sliding" on ice crap they pulled.

Yes, definitely, grab all the extra 1ups.  Once you do that, it's not so bad.  I thought Return of the Jedi was harder than this one as well but still no where as bad as Empire. 

Marriott_Guy1

Super Star Wars review

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » January 26th, 2012, 5:48 pm

IMHO, the Super Star Wars triliogy truly showcased the best combinination of what the SNES could offer from both a technical and gaming perspective.  Excellent series.

Samael

Super Star Wars review

Postby Samael » March 2nd, 2012, 9:30 am

This is a great showcase of the SNES's sound capabilities, but a good game? Imagine if Han shot Greedo, and the moment he leaves the table, Greedo just reappeared. Imagine Han running, shooting Greedo over and over again. Imagine it hurts Han to even touch Greedo. 

Now add bottomless pits. 

Now imagine this also happens with thousands of murderous Jawas. Congratulations! You've just played Super Star Wars! 

Return to “Reader Reviews”