Baseball Video Game Review Special

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
GeoX

Baseball Video Game Review Special

Postby GeoX » April 9th, 2021, 6:15 am

VGC,
I enjoyed the special although I swear it seems like a few of your reviews were left out.
I will forgive you for saying the sport sucks LOL!
I am glad you reviewed my all time favorite Micro League Baseball! After all these years nobody has produced a game like it. The only management games today have either no graphics or just pitiful attempts at showing plays. At this point I wish somebody would hack Micro League with current stats and divisions and obviously the teams that have been added since 83.
Also you have duplicate reviews of MLB 14 near the end of the special.
Play Ball!

Eric

BlasteroidAli

Re: Baseball Video Game Review Special

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 9th, 2021, 7:55 am

Fab, I love his review specials but what makes it even better is when there is a fan of the sport giving comment on it.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » April 13th, 2021, 9:19 pm

There are lots of baseball games that VGC has reviewed that aren't in this special. Maybe one game featured by console? I didn't pay close enough attention to be sure. The last two reviews are identical though; guessing that's a mistake.

I was looking for one line in particular from a baseball game review, and I found it. From RBI Baseball 94 on Genesis:
"The RBI Baseball series proudly set the standard for mediocrity, but if you're going to play an RBI Baseball game, it might as well be this 94 edition."

I love that line! The "proudly set the standard for mediocrity" bit has been stuck in my head since the first time I read it. I knew it was an RBI game, but I had to read all the Genesis RBI reviews to find it.

One other thing jumped into my mind when I read this review:
"Pitchers occasionally spit on the mound, and you have to love that."

It made me immediately think of the review for Tony LaRussa Baseball on Genesis:
"This is the only game I've ever seen where the pitcher spits on the mound, and it looks positively disgusting."

Guess sensibilities changed between 2004 & 2010!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 13th, 2021, 9:49 pm

Very timely feedback! I've been played a few baseball games as of late including World Class Baseball (T16), Sportstalk Baseball (Genesis), and the infamous Tony LaRussa baseball (Genesis). Some of these reviews could use an update.

I don't even remember the Baseball Special, and frankly I'm afraid to look! Sounds like it may need an overhaul. Keep the feedback coming!

Breaker

Postby Breaker » April 13th, 2021, 10:02 pm

This thread made me run into this YouTube video of the baseball games for the Genesis:
https://youtu.be/R4BfZt4o-Cw

Not sure if it's "all" of them, but I think it's awfully close, if not complete.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » April 14th, 2021, 5:58 am

How do I access the baseball review from the mobile site?

Breaker

Postby Breaker » April 14th, 2021, 8:11 am

Luigi & Peach wrote:How do I access the baseball review from the mobile site?

It's under "Articles" on the Main Page. Scroll down to the Themed Review Specials.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » April 14th, 2021, 9:27 am

Of all the baseball games in the review special, the one that stuck with me the most over the years was: Ken Griffey Major League Baseball. Oh, all the times me and a bud played this game, even this memorable bit everyone knows:

"He's out!" "Aw Come on!" I even liked when the player broke the bat over his knee as well. Bad sportsmanship.....gotta love it!

Voor

Postby Voor » April 14th, 2021, 9:31 am

That may be my favorite baseball game.

Don’t forget when you wouldn’t do anything, the umpire would turn to the screen, knock on it, and say “play the game, kid!”

I liked seeing if I could get a 100 home run season.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 14th, 2021, 3:37 pm

So I believe the second MLB 14 The Show review was supposed to be MLB 17 The Show so I fixed that.

This is a weird page that seems to be a sampling of baseball games over various systems. I guess it would be a little much if I included EVERY baseball game. There would probably be close to 100 of them!

Anyway if you guy want to suggest any reviews that should be removed or added, fire away.

Return to “Review Feedback”