Uncharted Blu Ray Review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Uncharted Blu Ray Review

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 20th, 2022, 7:35 pm

Check out my latest video game-based movie reviews. Comments welcome!

https://videogamecritic.com/extras/movies/uncharted.htm

Crummylion

Re: Uncharted Blu Ray Review

Postby Crummylion » May 20th, 2022, 8:43 pm

One thing that should be noted is that Mark Walhberg was attached to this film ever since it was first announced in preproduction. So.... like ten or so years ago. Essentially, HE was gonna be Drake, but it took so long that people even made jokes that the original actor planned to play Sully was long dead. Haven't seen the film, but I thought they had the right idea making this a prequel. Bonus points for that cameo by Nathan Drake's original actor from the games tho. You never see that, unless you count Garry Chalk (who played Grounder in the Adventures of Sonic cartoon and Eggman in Underground, the Sonic cartoon everyone hates.)

Buttermancan

Postby Buttermancan » May 21st, 2022, 5:32 am

The film sounds like a low effort cash grab. "People that play the games will watch it. Put the budget into the cast and don't bother with the script."

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 21st, 2022, 5:36 am

Thanks for the review. Sonic 2 next? Anyway, I liked the games but did not play them that much.

I looked at the movie and thought it would be rubbish, seems like it was a bit better than I thought it would be. Your review is great. Glad I did not watch it.

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » May 24th, 2022, 12:40 pm

I had to watch it because i've played all the games.

Not bad for a single watch-through; but could have been much much better.

The young black woman as the villain was completely unbelievable; seemed like a woke casting choice to get more diversity in the film. Just didn't work out on screen; I chuckled as she yelled at a bunch of jacked mercenaries to do her bidding.

Was drinking vodka tonics while i watched; not sure if i don't remember most of the plot because i had one too many; or because it was utterly forgettable. I'm going with the latter and sticking to it.

The CGI was as the critic said, passable to mediocre, though never terrible. Makes me really miss the models and practical effects of the 80's and 90's. If this movie was made with those techniques; it would have been 10x better.

Return to “Review Feedback”