2022/11/15: Playstation 4: Resident Evil 2

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
BlasteroidAli

Re: 2022/11/15: Playstation 4: Resident Evil 2

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 17th, 2022, 11:32 am

Plus a review of Resident Evil 2 on Dreamcast? I think you can get the rocket launcher at the start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmPq8FPQ24U&ab_channel=ConsoleVsConsole

A comparison of DC Vs GC Vs Ps1. I think it looked the best on DC. I might be biased though.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » November 17th, 2022, 11:36 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
SavagePencil wrote:Would be interested to see you revisit the original RE 2 review after 18 years.

I think this is a wonderful idea. Stay tuned.

I know that when you re-review a game you mention the previous grade when you start the forum topic, but have you ever considered adding a previous grade (and previous review date) to the bottom of any games you update? Might be interesting to see how your grades have changed as games age.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 18th, 2022, 8:17 am

This is a very interesting idea. Currently I do keep the previous grade and date in my database. However I toss the original review (because I usually dislike it). I guess I could keep a "running list" of the grades but there are only a few I've changed multiple times.

Perhaps "stock up" and "stock down" icons would be a simpler way of representing this idea. I think those would probably be pretty easy for someone like Mark Jewell to bang out...?

Tron

Postby Tron » November 22nd, 2022, 8:11 pm

I should’ve waited for the VGC’s review before buying this. I read a couple other much longer & more detailed reviews, but they all said this game was great & it really sucks. I restarted several times on the VERY first zombie. Like the Critic said, “Headshots don’t matter”. I felt like I must’ve had a BB gun. I ran out of bullets even after landing every shot on the 2nd or 3rd zombie. I also got lost very quickly. I ran out of bullets after unloading on a pursuing zombie so I went in another direction just to find more zombies, but no bullets. The hallways were too narrow to run around them and the melee action felt stiff and weak. After a few tries I quit.

Also like the Critic said the aiming in this game is awful. It felt like the player was suffering from the DTs.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » November 22nd, 2022, 8:49 pm

I own the game and I still haven't touched it yet - I really wanted to replay RE2 on the PS1 first and that just hasn't happened. I'm just confused by the score - I have plenty of friends who love both the original game and the remake. I rarely read reviews online anymore but this is still the first truly negative one I've seen from either a fan on a message board or a professional critic. It actually makes me want to start it up just so I can make up my own mind.

Tron

Postby Tron » November 24th, 2022, 7:23 pm

velcrozombie wrote:I own the game and I still haven't touched it yet - I really wanted to replay RE2 on the PS1 first and that just hasn't happened. I'm just confused by the score - I have plenty of friends who love both the original game and the remake. I rarely read reviews online anymore but this is still the first truly negative one I've seen from either a fan on a message board or a professional critic. It actually makes me want to start it up just so I can make up my own mind.

Do it man. Maybe you’ll like it cause the zombies in this game stick to you like velcro.

Return to “Review Feedback”