2022/12/4: Nintendo Switch: Deathsmiles I & II, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2022/12/4: Nintendo Switch: Deathsmiles I & II, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 4th, 2022, 1:31 pm

Here are two timely Switch reviews for Deathsmile I and II, and TMNT Shredder's Revenge.

I'd like to get your take!

BlasteroidAli

Re: 2022/12/4: Nintendo Switch: Deathsmiles I & II, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 5th, 2022, 1:29 am

I loved Death Smiles on 360. Not having a switch nor wanting one it is interesting to see good games coming out for it that are unique. I have played TMNTSR on xbox 1. It is on games pass. I had a couch co op sesh with a pal and I found it to be a lot of fun. So I agree with your review plus the 6 player comment.

Oh one that might have escaped your notice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_wjE8aflus&ab_channel=Xbox
Space Jam. It is another streets of rage clone but this time the great thing about it is... it is FREE. Yep. Go onto Xbox live and download it. Couch co op and then you can compare it to TMNTSR.

CaptainCruch

Re: 2022/12/4: Nintendo Switch: Deathsmiles I & II, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

Postby CaptainCruch » December 7th, 2022, 5:55 am

I'm glad you are not all euphoric on Shredder's Revenge, like many other reviewers. I agree with your review. I enjoyed the game, it's well produced and looks, sounds and controls excellent, but it can feel a little tedious. Also, I think there are way too many different moves too remember. A good game, but I won't return to it soon. Unlike the 80+ hours I spent with the Mr. X DLC for Streets of Rage 4...

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » December 7th, 2022, 9:49 am

Good reveiw of TMNT. I played my first few hours last night and really enjoyed it. Story mode is cool and the fact that you can play with six (SIX!!!) players couch co-op is awesome. I don't mind the repetitiveness, comes with the genre. My only gripe is that I wish the special moves were easier to make work, I want to be tossing people and smashing them left and right and can't seem to make it work. Should be easier in a beat em' up to button mash a bit and have cool things happen. This is what i think the 4th game on SNES was so good at, and/or the Battletoads games. Oh well, going to watch the "how to play" tutorial againa and keep trying. Def going to sink some hours into this one.

Never heard of Deathsmiles, looks cool, where can you pick it up on cart new?

Buttermancan

Postby Buttermancan » December 8th, 2022, 4:50 am

I really enjoyed TMNT: Shredders Revenge online with friends but it didn't quite hit the same highs as Streets of Rage 4.
As a heads up there were a few typos I noticed in the TMNT review.
"What keeps things interesting is to sheer number of moves at your disposal". Should be "the sheer number " not "to sheer".

"The music has a bouncy 80's aesthetic to it including a cool rap song and a hair metal tune". Is that meant to be heavy metal? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hair metal genre :lol:

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 8th, 2022, 5:03 am

Buttermancan wrote: Is that meant to be heavy metal? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hair metal genre :lol:

Hair metal is indeed a thing. It describes (mainly '80s, but there are modern day revivalists) glam metal bands like Poison, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, Ratt, etc.

Buttermancan

Postby Buttermancan » December 8th, 2022, 9:23 am

LoganRuckman wrote:
Buttermancan wrote: Is that meant to be heavy metal? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hair metal genre :lol:

Hair metal is indeed a thing. It describes (mainly '80s, but there are modern day revivalists) glam metal bands like Poison, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, Ratt, etc.

Ha ha. You learn something new everyday as they say.

Return to “Review Feedback”