2023/3/20: Playstation: Namco Museum Vol. 1, Easter Bunny's Big Day

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2023/3/20: Playstation: Namco Museum Vol. 1, Easter Bunny's Big Day

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 20th, 2023, 1:37 pm

Here are two new PS1 reviews for your enjoyment!

Namco Museum Vol. 1 is a re-review. The original was dated 7/15/99, and it was cursory at best. Now these collections are getting the first class treatment. Four more to come soon.

Easter Bunny's Big Day is brand new. I may add this to the spring special, even though it's meh.

Thoughts?

ASalvaro

Re: 2023/3/20: Playstation: Namco Museum Vol. 1, Easter Bunny's Big Day

Postby ASalvaro » March 21st, 2023, 4:22 am

it's amazing how well Pac Man holds up..lately i have been playing it and enjoying it more than ever! and i've been playing it for 42 years lol

k8track

Postby k8track » March 21st, 2023, 9:31 am

I love, love, love all of the Namco Museum compilations for the original PlayStation. I love every single game, especially the obscure weird ones like Toypop, Metro Cross, Baraduke, etc. I love all of the goofy museum exhibit portions; I'm a sucker for primitive mid-'90s 3D graphics. To me it's still wondrous and fun.

Do make sure to get the Japanese version of Vol. 2, which doesn't have Super Pac-Man but does have not only Cutie Q, but also Bomb Bee as a hidden bonus game. Speaking of hidden games, Vol. 4 also has Assault Plus, in addition to the original Assault. Volume 5 is great because it has Legend of Valkyrie, maybe the only place (at least that I know of) that has the English version. And especially make sure to get the Japanese-only Namco Museum Encore, which is pretty much all weird and obscure stuff. King & Balloon rules!

Have you ever wanted to play Xevious but with a Dragon? You've got two games to keep you happy.

To really get the most out of Pole Position I & II, the Namco NegCon controller is a great way to go. I really love that controller, one of my favorites ever. I can't remember if I also tried it with Cutie Q. Cutie Q does work great with the Puchi Carat paddle controller, though.

Fingers crossed for decent grades for all of the compilations, especially the seemingly less-loved (or less well known) Vols. 4 & 5.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » March 21st, 2023, 12:23 pm

Man, you really brought back some memories with the mention of the "Farm Store". My last house in Maryland (in Pasadena) was a block away from that convenience shack.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » March 22nd, 2023, 11:27 am

Good, thorough-enough thoughts on the Namco Museum vol1 disc. I have popped this and Vol3 into my PS1 and PS2 many many times over the years. Namco were champion game designers in the early 80s.

This collection around 1995 or so was the first time I got to play Rally X and Galaga since high school in the 80s. Galaga was a Sheetz (PA version of 7-11 or CoGo’s) game in its little arcade room, that we’d sneak over to play. Rally X was a cocktail game at a local pizza place.

Return to “Review Feedback”