2023/5/31: Nintendo Switch: Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2023/5/31: Nintendo Switch: Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 31st, 2023, 6:04 pm

I think this Kirby and the Forgotten Land is underrated. I loved every minute of it.

Feedback...?

bluenote

Re: 2023/5/31: Nintendo Switch: Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Postby bluenote » June 1st, 2023, 10:29 am

Fantastic game. I played this co-op with my wife. Love the art style, levels, everything. Just makes you happy playing it.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 1st, 2023, 11:26 am

One thing to note after the credit rolls you haven't completed the game. There's a whole other mode/game to play. All the prior levels are combined into one long stream of play. Continue from your last save and the adventure continues.

My daughter and I went through it in co-op. Instead of trying a different game we went and started it over. And that's after doing the lion souls collection aspect of things. In addition to the whole other game mode, there's a vibrant Waddle Dee town that grows over time as you find hidden Waddle Dees.

Has anyone played the other Kirby Switch games? Can anyone speak to whether they'd be good for couch co-op?

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » June 1st, 2023, 12:08 pm

I am a longtime Kirby fan and have also been burnt out on the series for some time now.... the Yarn stuff was not a visual style that appealed to me. This game looks awesome and I'm so excited to check out a fresh and fun Kirby game. Thanks for the great review!!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 1st, 2023, 7:06 pm

bluenote wrote:Fantastic game. I played this co-op with my wife. Love the art style, levels, everything. Just makes you happy playing it.

Does this mean I can add the "chicks dig this" icon??

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 1st, 2023, 8:54 pm

I enjoyed this game, but I was a little disappointed by how linear it was. I thought it was going to be a semi-open world like Mario Odyssey. Not really the game's fault, and it was still a good game, but I can't help but feel it would have been even better if they'd opened things up more.

Also, I never get tired of how Kirby games always take a left turn into Lovecraftian territory toward the end.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 1st, 2023, 9:11 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
bluenote wrote:Fantastic game. I played this co-op with my wife. Love the art style, levels, everything. Just makes you happy playing it.

Does this mean I can add the "chicks dig this" icon??

It stars a pink marshmallow...

If you'd like more clues, let me know. ;)

Kevin

Postby Kevin » June 2nd, 2023, 10:33 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:I enjoyed this game, but I was a little disappointed by how linear it was. I thought it was going to be a semi-open world like Mario Odyssey. Not really the game's fault, and it was still a good game, but I can't help but feel it would have been even better if they'd opened things up more.

Also, I never get tired of how Kirby games always take a left turn into Lovecraftian territory toward the end.

The promotional stuff before this game came out made it seem that way for sure. I thought the same thing and was disappointed as well.

Return to “Review Feedback”