2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Magical

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Magical

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 7th, 2023, 6:39 pm

I typically enjoy Mickey Mouse titles but this series never gained much traction.

The third will likely find a place in my Thanksgiving Special.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

LoganRuckman

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby LoganRuckman » December 7th, 2023, 6:46 pm

Oof.

I always loved the original Magical Quest, phenomenal platformer!

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

ASalvaro

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby ASalvaro » December 7th, 2023, 7:20 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I typically enjoy Mickey Mouse titles but this series never gained much traction.

i think the only Mickey Mouse game you will like better than Castle Of Illusion is Mickey's Wild Adventure on the ps1 aka Mickey Mania..its a GREAT game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpKKex9LY0Q

noah98

Postby noah98 » December 7th, 2023, 9:08 pm

Glad you liked 3 the best! The Harvest stage is probably the best one.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 7th, 2023, 9:48 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:I typically enjoy Mickey Mouse titles but this series never gained much traction.

i think the only Mickey Mouse game you will like better than Castle Of Illusion is Mickey's Wild Adventure on the ps1 aka Mickey Mania..its a GREAT game

Never heard of this but I am ON IT!!

Darrin

Postby Darrin » December 7th, 2023, 10:35 pm

I always thought the first Magical Quest game was really cool (on SNES and Game Boy Advance). In fact, I think you could save on the GBA one. I admired how Capcom dared make a "childish" Disney game quite difficult (it even has a hard mode). It also felt like Mega Man X or Demon's Crest in that you can find heart containers to extend your life bar (which greatly makes the game easier). The bosses were creative, the graphics colorful, and great music. And every part that initially seems "too hard" there is almost always an "easier way" to overcome it. I found that the more I practiced and experimented, the more I enjoyed it. I would rate this one a solid A-.

SavagePencil

Postby SavagePencil » December 8th, 2023, 1:20 am

WHAT ARE THE TWO BAD VIDEO GAME CLICHES

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » December 8th, 2023, 3:25 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:

Never heard of this but I am ON IT!!

cool!

Holt

Postby Holt » December 8th, 2023, 1:49 pm

Critic reviewed Mickey Mania (SNES). Gave it a glowing D+. An apt grade, IMO. In any case, Critic, the Donald Duck Super Famicom-exclusive game may be of interest to you - known as Donald Duck no Mahou no Boushi.
Last edited by Holt on December 9th, 2023, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 8th, 2023, 2:55 pm

SavagePencil wrote:WHAT ARE THE TWO BAD VIDEO GAME CLICHES

Swimming and walking on ice

Return to “Review Feedback”