2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Magical

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 18032
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Magical

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 7th, 2023, 6:39 pm

I typically enjoy Mickey Mouse titles but this series never gained much traction.

The third will likely find a place in my Thanksgiving Special.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

User avatar
LoganRuckman
Posts: 635
Joined: April 10th, 2015, 1:04 am

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby LoganRuckman » December 7th, 2023, 6:46 pm

Oof.

I always loved the original Magical Quest, phenomenal platformer!

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

User avatar
ASalvaro
Posts: 743
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby ASalvaro » December 7th, 2023, 7:20 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I typically enjoy Mickey Mouse titles but this series never gained much traction.

The third will likely find a place in my Thanksgiving Special.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.


i think the only Mickey Mouse game you will like better than Castle Of Illusion is Mickey's Wild Adventure on the ps1 aka Mickey Mania..its a GREAT game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpKKex9LY0Q

User avatar
noah98
Posts: 510
Joined: June 27th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby noah98 » December 7th, 2023, 9:08 pm

Glad you liked 3 the best! The Harvest stage is probably the best one.

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 18032
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 7th, 2023, 9:48 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:I typically enjoy Mickey Mouse titles but this series never gained much traction.

The third will likely find a place in my Thanksgiving Special.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.


i think the only Mickey Mouse game you will like better than Castle Of Illusion is Mickey's Wild Adventure on the ps1 aka Mickey Mania..its a GREAT game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpKKex9LY0Q


Never heard of this but I am ON IT!!

Darrin
Posts: 16
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 6:09 pm

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby Darrin » December 7th, 2023, 10:35 pm

I always thought the first Magical Quest game was really cool (on SNES and Game Boy Advance). In fact, I think you could save on the GBA one. I admired how Capcom dared make a "childish" Disney game quite difficult (it even has a hard mode). It also felt like Mega Man X or Demon's Crest in that you can find heart containers to extend your life bar (which greatly makes the game easier). The bosses were creative, the graphics colorful, and great music. And every part that initially seems "too hard" there is almost always an "easier way" to overcome it. I found that the more I practiced and experimented, the more I enjoyed it. I would rate this one a solid A-.

SavagePencil
Posts: 35
Joined: July 26th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby SavagePencil » December 8th, 2023, 1:20 am

WHAT ARE THE TWO BAD VIDEO GAME CLICHES

User avatar
ASalvaro
Posts: 743
Joined: May 24th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby ASalvaro » December 8th, 2023, 3:25 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:I typically enjoy Mickey Mouse titles but this series never gained much traction.

The third will likely find a place in my Thanksgiving Special.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.


i think the only Mickey Mouse game you will like better than Castle Of Illusion is Mickey's Wild Adventure on the ps1 aka Mickey Mania..its a GREAT game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpKKex9LY0Q


Never heard of this but I am ON IT!!

cool!

Holt
Posts: 10
Joined: June 25th, 2023, 10:01 am

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby Holt » December 8th, 2023, 1:49 pm

Critic reviewed Mickey Mania (SNES). Gave it a glowing D+. An apt grade, IMO. In any case, Critic, the Donald Duck Super Famicom-exclusive game may be of interest to you - known as Donald Duck no Mahou no Boushi.
Last edited by Holt on December 9th, 2023, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 18032
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Re: 2023/12/7: Super Nintendo: Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie, Mag

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 8th, 2023, 2:55 pm

SavagePencil wrote:WHAT ARE THE TWO BAD VIDEO GAME CLICHES


Swimming and walking on ice


Return to “Review Feedback”