2023/5/22: NES: Baseball, Image Fight

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
ASalvaro

Re: 2023/5/22: NES: Baseball, Image Fight

Postby ASalvaro » December 10th, 2023, 6:45 pm

i just realized that all my favorite baseball games are the one screen baseball games that dont scroll
5200 Realsports Baseball
Intellivision Major League Baseball
Starleague Baseball on the Atari 800
Earl Weaver Baseball on the Amiga
and yes i do kind of like NES Baseball

someone should make the ultimate non scrolling baseball game on a newer system lol

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 11th, 2023, 12:50 pm

MaverickMoPete wrote:And 9 times out of t0, they'll botch the easiest possible plays, like letting a slow rolling ground ball get past them and roll all the way to the outfield fence.

A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad game.

Yes, but what you have to understand is people like me grew up watching the Cubs, so this was considered normal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugOdiF1y2E0

MaverickMoPete

Postby MaverickMoPete » December 11th, 2023, 1:33 pm

Herschie wrote:
MaverickMoPete wrote:And 9 times out of t0, they'll botch the easiest possible plays, like letting a slow rolling ground ball get past them and roll all the way to the outfield fence.

A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad game.

Yes, but what you have to understand is people like me grew up watching the Cubs, so this was considered normal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugOdiF1y2E0

Maybe, but when the AI of your baseball game makes Charlie Brown's Little League Team look like the Yankees, something went wrong.

Tron

Postby Tron » December 13th, 2023, 3:25 am

jon wrote:I liked Baseball but in retrospect it's kind of like 10-Yard Fight, at least for me. Those were the first games in those sports I ever played and that was a thrill. Unfortunately, when you're talking the NES, which in my opinion easily has the best baseball game library of any system, it becomes borderline unplayable. Still it'd be good to break out every few years for sure though.

Ditto that. Spot on post. Exactly what I would’ve said, but you said it first.

Return to “Review Feedback”