2024/3/1: Nintendo Switch: Runbow, Cannon Dancer

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2024/3/1: Nintendo Switch: Runbow, Cannon Dancer

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 1st, 2024, 4:14 pm

Check out these latest Nintendo Switch reviews. These games were hard to review so I had to qualify them a lot.

What do you think? Fair?

ActRaiser

Re: 2024/3/1: Nintendo Switch: Runbow, Cannon Dancer

Postby ActRaiser » March 1st, 2024, 4:21 pm

Cannon Dancer was in the Retro Gamer magazine several months back. It was a fun write up if you're interested.

Keep in mind it's an arcade game, hence, cheap as hell on hits, etc. in order to collect more quarters. I have no idea how anyone can beat these games with only a few quarters in their pockets versus the unlimited quarter options available.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 2nd, 2024, 8:59 am

Someone on Facebook just informed me that Runbow is 1-8 players!! I checked the back of the box and it says 1-8. Wow.

I need to update the review. I also need a bigger game room. Also more friends.

If I did play with 8 players, my strategy would be to stay out of the fray and let everyone else kill each other. It worked pretty well for 4p!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » March 2nd, 2024, 2:14 pm

The goddess in Cannon Dancer isn't bending over backwards, or the car would be on her stomach. Great reviews otherwise.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 2nd, 2024, 8:00 pm

Stalvern wrote:The goddess in Cannon Dancer isn't bending over backwards, or the car would be on her stomach. Great reviews otherwise.

Nothing gets by you Stalvern! I will fix that.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » March 2nd, 2024, 9:24 pm

I believe I was the one who recommended Runbow to you, but ONLY because myself AND my five kids could, SIMULTANEOUSLY, get an easy two or three hours out of it in an evening, and the in-room competition and trash-talking is a notch above that of other favorites like Mario Kart.

Ten rounds is the default, but we play twenty now because, somehow, it's not uncommon for someone to get a seemingly insurmountable lead after the first ten, only to have someone else get their stride and take the majority of the rest.

One of my sons sets the power-ups to a very specific setting that minimizes, or possibly eliminates, the accidental-game-winners. So there is a way to keep them while keeping the game a bit more fair. I think I got the game on a special for under five bucks and I've gotten more use out of it the last few years than dozens of multiplayer games I paid full price for.

It's also worth noting that all the playable characters are gleaned from various Indie games, like Shantae and Shovel Knight.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 3rd, 2024, 9:03 am

I played Runbow with my pals and they hated it. I was not keen on it as well.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 3rd, 2024, 11:19 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:I played Runbow with my pals and they hated it. I was not keen on it as well.

Sounds like my review was right on point. You love it or hate it.

Return to “Review Feedback”