2013/1/5: Wii U: New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Zombi U

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Sut1

Postby Sut1 » January 9th, 2013, 2:02 pm

I haven't had a go on Wii U as yet,, but none of these games are screaming out to me. It just seems like Wii HD or Wii v2.0 rather than the beginning of a fresh exciting new generation. Hope I'm wrong and Nintendo has another successful console, but myself I'm not going to commit to this generation until much later than I did in all previous generations.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » January 13th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Played Nintendo Land this weekend. The C grade is pretty dead-on.

We played the Competitive Multi-player games (Mario Chase, Luigi's Ghost Hunt, and Animal Crossing "Candy Day" or whatever it's called), and they were great party games. Lots of screaming, and the games were both simple and fun. Not too sure if the games could sustain multiple plays or long play sessions though. We played for around 1 - 1.5 hours. Come to think of it, these games remind me of the Gamecube / GBA link titles that used both screens for gameplay.

I also snuck in a few plays of the "Donkey Kong" and "F-Zero" single player games. They felt very much like "Wii Play" games and I'm convinced that these games could easily have been adapted to a Wii-Mote or Wii-Mote/nunchuk configuration.

As for the Wii U? It feels like a very incremental upgrade from the Wii, augmented by "Big Screen DS Ambitions."

funky_muzic1

Postby funky_muzic1 » January 17th, 2013, 11:03 am

Personally, I really enjoy Nintendo Land. I think the Zelda game on there is great, and we've had a lot of fun with Mario Chase. It probably doesn't have the replay value of Wii Sports, but it is still worthy of a lot of play time. Of course I have 3 boys (5, 8, & 10) and they love it. If I did a full review, I'd give it at least a B...but that's just my opinion.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » January 18th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Anyone here 100% New Super Mario Brothers U?

After 25 hours (I know that thanks to the Wii U's nifty daily log that tracks your time spent), I'm currently missing approximately 15 stars from the first 8 worlds that missed my first time through. 5 are spread across two levels around world 5-6 or so, but the last 10 or so are in Meringue Clouds (World 7). And I haven't touched World 9 (Superstar Road) yet other than running through level 1 when I first beat Bowser to check it out. 

I was expecting a 15 hour game. But this one looks set to be at least 30 hours my first time through the main game. 

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » January 19th, 2014, 7:02 am

[QUOTE=Leo]Anyone here 100% New Super Mario Brothers U?

After 25 hours (I know that thanks to the Wii U's nifty daily log that tracks your time spent), I'm currently missing approximately 15 stars from the first 8 worlds that missed my first time through. 5 are spread across two levels around world 5-6 or so, but the last 10 or so are in Meringue Clouds (World 7). And I haven't touched World 9 (Superstar Road) yet other than running through level 1 when I first beat Bowser to check it out. 

I was expecting a 15 hour game. But this one looks set to be at least 30 hours my first time through the main game. [/QUOTE]

Yes, 100% both New Mario and New Luigi.

I did use Nabbit to get two stars in New Luigi, however, which really doesn't count, I would have to go back and check out the levels.

Return to “Review Feedback”