2013/1/31: Wii U: ESPN Sports Connection, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
CaptainCruch

Re: 2013/1/31: Wii U: ESPN Sports Connection, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed

Postby CaptainCruch » August 13th, 2022, 11:44 am

I finally got around playing "Sonic All-Stars Transformed" (on Xbox 360 not on Wii U). I picked the game up very cheap, because I don't like racing/kart games (not even Mario Kart). But I'm a huge Sega fan, so I decided to give the game a try.

The "easy mode" in this game is so easy even I - who never play and do not like racing or kart games - can finish first every race. Also, I find it annoying you can't skip the victory scenes at the end of a Grand Prix tournament. But, on the plus side, the game looks beautiful and I think it's a wonderful tribute to many Sega games in the past - from the more obscure (Billy Hatchet) to the famous (Sonic of course). I find the After Burner en Nights courses the most enjoyable (and beautiful). Even in the music department the game remixed all kind of old Sega tracks (when I heard a part of "Super Sonic Racing...." (music not lyrics) from Sonic R, I was impressed!).

Anyway, I can recommend this game for Sega-fans, it's a great tribute to many former Sega classics. I'm not so sure it's the best kart racing though - but I can't tell because I never play other games in that genre.

What did you think of the game (as a Sega-fan or as non-Sega fan?)

Return to “Review Feedback”