Return of the Typo Thread!

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 8th, 2013, 4:36 pm

An loyal reader sent me a list of typos in recent reviews, and some of them were pretty egregious.  I'm wondering if other readers saw them but were afraid to speak up.

With this thread I'd like to encourage you all to report any typo you find, whether in a new or old review!  Bring it!!

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » February 8th, 2013, 8:29 pm

I'll keep an eye out, but maybe you should sticky this thread? That way regardless it'll always be on the front of this part of the forum.

Blueguy1

Postby Blueguy1 » February 8th, 2013, 8:43 pm

I personally think this should be one of the main "message boards" on this site. It's worth a try in my opinion.

a1

Postby a1 » February 8th, 2013, 11:41 pm

[QUOTE=Blueguy]I personally think this should be one of the main "message boards" on this site. It's worth a try in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

That seems like a waste of a message board to me. I think a thread should be enough.

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » March 7th, 2013, 5:50 pm

You used some bad grammar in the review for "Monster Truck Rally" on the NES, Critic. In the second sentence you wrote that "the physics is ridiculous".  I'm not an English teacher or grammar Nazi but I think it should be "the physics are ridiculous".

Thanks for all the great reviews and keep them coming!

~Wallyworld

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » March 8th, 2013, 1:06 am

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]You used some bad grammar in the review for "Monster Truck Rally" on the NES, Critic. In the second sentence you wrote that "the physics is ridiculous".  I'm not an English teacher or grammar Nazi but I think it should be "the physics are ridiculous".

Thanks for all the great reviews and keep them coming!

~Wallyworld

[/QUOTE]

Actually, "The physics is ridiculous" is correct. Physics is a plural noun, but takes a singular verb. It's similar to "Mathematics is a hard subject". We don't say "Mathematics are a hard subject". 

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » March 8th, 2013, 5:24 pm

I researched this and I may stand corrected.

If you were talking about many different physics it would be "are". But I believe he was writing about them as a whole which would be "is".

Thanks for the English lesson.

~Wallyworld

crimefighter1

Postby crimefighter1 » March 25th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Here's a typo - the entire Custer's Revenge review was replaced by the Hot Love review...including the pic of the Odyssey cart, manual & box.

Orion1

Postby Orion1 » March 25th, 2013, 7:29 pm

[QUOTE=crimefighter]Here's a typo - the entire Custer's Revenge review was replaced by the Hot Love review...including the pic of the Odyssey cart, manual & box.[/QUOTE]

Wow, now that's a typo.  The Critic's glasses must have been all steamed up from playing those sexual suggestive 2600 titles.  

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 25th, 2013, 8:00 pm

Thank you for the heads up about the Custer's Revenge review!  

Recently I tried to incorporate an "adults only" icon but decided not to after I encountered a nasty bug in my code.  I hope only that one review was corrupted.

Return to “Review Feedback”