2013/4/15: Super Nintendo: Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool, Mega Man 7, NBA Hang Time

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2013/4/15: Super Nintendo: Chester Cheetah: Too Cool to Fool, Mega Man 7, NBA Hang Time

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 15th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Here a fresh new set of Super Nintendo reviews.  
I'd like to see your comments.

crimefighter1

Postby crimefighter1 » April 15th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Mega Man 7 is also a part of the Mega Man Collection which might be easier to acquire so you can enjoy this game...

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 16th, 2013, 1:03 am

I'm glad to finally see the MM7 review. I like 7 quite a bit but have never owned the cartridge since i have the ps2 collection. Still, I plan on picking it up someday. The Cheetah game looks quite interesting as well. Solid reviews.

TheLastNightmare1

Postby TheLastNightmare1 » April 16th, 2013, 3:55 am

Objectivity in a MM7 review? I knew there was a reason I keep coming back to this site. Your Slime World review was you at your worst. This one is you at your best. Whichever side of you reviews a game, I'm at least guaranteed you aren't simply repeating other people's opinion as if it were gospel.

It's increasingly rare to hear an individual voice these days.

Keep it up.  

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » April 16th, 2013, 10:06 am

While I can't comment on the SNES version of Hang Time (as I've never played it), I can absolutely guarantee that NBA Hang Time on N64 is incredible.  I've played almost every game in the NBA Jam series and Hang Time on N64 is second only to NBA Jam: On Fire Edition (XBLA, PSN).  Many of the series' best ideas like alley-oops and team fire started here.  Too bad to hear the SNES version is such a mess.  Check it out when you get the chance, Critic.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 16th, 2013, 4:03 pm

[QUOTE=JWK]While I can't comment on the SNES version of Hang Time (as I've never played it), I can absolutely guarantee that NBA Hang Time on N64 is incredible.  I've played almost every game in the NBA Jam series and Hang Time on N64 is second only to NBA Jam: On Fire Edition (XBLA, PSN).  Many of the series' best ideas like alley-oops and team fire started here.  Too bad to hear the SNES version is such a mess.  Check it out when you get the chance, Critic.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with this and came here to say as much.  You definitely need to track down the N64 version of Hang Time.  It's just a great, great, game.  Easily one of the best arcade basketball games in existence!  

michaeld1

Postby michaeld1 » April 16th, 2013, 5:14 pm

I third the worthiness of NBA Hangtime on N64.  I remember waiting through the small delay between its release and the 16-bit games, and now that I look at the 16-bit ones, I'm glad I held off, because the N64 one blows them out of the water.

Nice to see Mega Man 7, too.  I think it's a bit better than you say, but I can't argue with most of your criticisms (except the difficulty; I think all the NES Mega Mans are harder than this one).  And yeah, it does cost a lot, but, as far as SNES games go, it's still nothing compared to how much Mega Man X3 often goes for (and unlike Mega Man 7, it was never re-released it in its original 16-bit format and, since I'm a purist on that, the PS1/Saturn version in Mega Man X Collection won't quite cut it).

Orion1

Postby Orion1 » April 16th, 2013, 5:58 pm

I enjoyed reading the three reviews, especially Chester Cheetah.  I had to check your symbols to make sure it wasn't a fake game, since I fell for the Bioshock 2600 game.  I'm surprised NBA Hangtime was inferior to the NBA Jam games, since those came out BEFORE it.  Perhaps it was a rush job, or maybe they tried to do too much.

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » April 16th, 2013, 11:19 pm

I'm glad someone pointed out the icon because I didn't even notice that, lol.

Ruudos1

Postby Ruudos1 » April 22nd, 2013, 5:47 am

[QUOTE=michaeld]

I third the worthiness of NBA Hangtime on N64.  I remember waiting through the small delay between its release and the 16-bit games, and now that I look at the 16-bit ones, I'm glad I held off, because the N64 one blows them out of the water.

Nice to see Mega Man 7, too.  I think it's a bit better than you say, but I can't argue with most of your criticisms (except the difficulty; I think all the NES Mega Mans are harder than this one).  And yeah, it does cost a lot, but, as far as SNES games go, it's still nothing compared to how much Mega Man X3 often goes for (and unlike Mega Man 7, it was never re-released it in its original 16-bit format and, since I'm a purist on that, the PS1/Saturn version in Mega Man X Collection won't quite cut it).

[/QUOTE]

That would be mean that Mega Man 7 is a peace of cake because Mega Man 5 is too.

Return to “Review Feedback”