2013/4/25: Saturn: Earthworm Jim 2, TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4x4, X-Men: Children of the Atom

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Rev1

2013/4/25: Saturn: Earthworm Jim 2, TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4x4, X-Men: Children of the Atom

Postby Rev1 » May 2nd, 2013, 2:06 pm

Yeah, I just replayed my copy of EJ2 for the Saturn and enjoyed it a lot. I think it is probably the best version of the game. The music was great and the game was very smooth overall. Plus, I like the Saturn 2 controller which is very comfortable so I guess that helps sway me on this being the superior version.

Cafeman

Re: 2013/4/25: Saturn: Earthworm Jim 2, TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4x4, X-Men: Children of the Atom

Postby Cafeman » December 3rd, 2020, 11:57 pm

Bump of 7 years!

I played a lot of Saturn today, culminating with EJ2. I didn't manage to beat it, but after all these years, I really appreciated the 90s platforming style and zany presentation. If you aren't in a hurry and observe what is going on, each level is like it's own puzzle to beat. Try to hurry through like a run and gun game, it will likely frustrate you. VGC gave Saturn version a C which I felt was low, years back. I'd give it at least a B, myself. Now that I'm acclimated to most of the levels again , I'm gonna try to beat the game tomorrow. I lost my last Jim on the carnival inflated head level tonight. Evil the Cat returns.

I'd say the challenge is high on both EJ and EJ2, very challenging and perhaps frustrating, until you get skilled. But once I play a while, it seems a lot easier. I dropped a lot of puppies this round.

Return to “Review Feedback”