2013/7/4: Saturn: Bug Too!, Bug!, Primal Rage

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
strat1

Postby strat1 » July 7th, 2013, 2:54 pm

[quote]Nintendo also had access to better cgi technology and required a special chip to get the game to run on the SNES.[/quote]

Many SNES games had special chips, but DKC and its two follow-ups weren't among them.  It simply used more ROM than most (any?) SNES games at the time.  Sprite scaling on the SNES does require a special chip - see Yoshi's Island.

Barone1

Postby Barone1 » November 18th, 2013, 9:23 pm

[QUOTE=videogamecritic]I have been re-reviewing all the versions of Primal Rage, and I was really surprised by just how strong the Saturn version is.
Comments?[/QUOTE]

Hi!

I'd like to know which region/version of Primal Rage you used to do your review, 'cause you say that the Saturn version doesn't have the "Endurance" and "Tug of War" modes, but the US version that I own (it says "1.4U" in the title screen) do have those modes... I've checked with some friends and looks like the European version they have (which say "1.0E" in the title screen) is really missing those modes... So, do you have the European version or do you own a different (earlier) revision than mine?

And, yes, the Saturn version is the best of all home ports I've played (PS1, 3DO, SNES, Genesis and 32X), by far.

Thanks in advance. 

Return to “Review Feedback”