2013/10/7: Genesis: Beast Wrestler, DJ Boy, Ristar

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » October 9th, 2013, 12:45 pm

I thought Ristar was decent but it didn't exactly blow me away, personally I prefer Rocket Knight Adventures. 

Number1Star1

Postby Number1Star1 » October 10th, 2013, 12:39 am

[QUOTE=rift][QUOTE=Number1Star]Ristar is great and from a graphics, music and game play perspective can go toe-to-toe with any platformer of the era. (I love how each world has a distinctive idle animation for Ristar) Like making a mini snowman in the winter stage, just so polished.

Still waiting for a review of Golden Axe 3 (1 and 2 got great scores interested to see if the critic will bash it like some do which puzzles the heck out of me)
- Just give the game sometime realize how deep the move sets are and all the possible routes through the game. The best Golden Axe on the Genesis and they were all good.[/QUOTE]
GA 3 was never released in the usa on genesis.  He did sort-of review it in one of the Sega Genesis Collection disc reviews[/QUOTE]
I know it wasn't released in the U.S. but it's available on a bunch of compilations. Also it is reasonable to import considering he reviewed Bare Knuckle 3 and SOR 3. Also he mentioned GA 3 he never explained any feelings he had toward the game.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » October 12th, 2013, 9:23 pm

He did more than just mention it in his review for Sega Genesis Collection (A game that the Critic should review the PSP version of someday since the selection of 5 bonus arcade games is different from that of the PS2 version).

He said it was a "bit of a let down" compared to the first two. 

Return to “Review Feedback”