2014/1/29: Genesis: Mutant League Hockey, Shadow Dancer

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Orion1

Postby Orion1 » February 2nd, 2014, 2:20 pm

On a side note, the effort to resurrect the Mutant League series failed:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mendheim/mutant-football-league?ref=live

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » February 11th, 2014, 4:23 pm

I didn't even know Shadow Dancer existed. Once I read the critic's review I ordered it off eBay and I've been playing ever since. I saw someone say it was easy but I have to disagree. Maybe compared to the other Shinobi's it is? The boss's are easy but the stages are pretty damn hard in the later levels.

I love this game I'd give it an A grade all day long.

a1

Postby a1 » February 11th, 2014, 10:26 pm

[QUOTE=Wallyworld]I didn't even know Shadow Dancer existed. Once I read the critic's review I ordered it off eBay and I've been playing ever since. I saw someone say it was easy but I have to disagree. Maybe compared to the other Shinobi's it is? The boss's are easy but the stages are pretty damn hard in the later levels.

I love this game I'd give it an A grade all day long.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's harder than 3, but easier than 1 and Revenge. I don't think revenge is hard in a good way though; it's my least favorite in the series due to the poorly designed platforming. I didn't grow up with the series so I don't have any nostalgia to cloud my judgment. Shadow Dancer and 3 are in a tight race for my favorite in the series. 

mbd361

Postby mbd361 » February 12th, 2014, 5:51 pm

[QUOTE=a][QUOTE=Wallyworld]I didn't even know Shadow Dancer existed. Once I read the critic's review I ordered it off eBay and I've been playing ever since. I saw someone say it was easy but I have to disagree. Maybe compared to the other Shinobi's it is? The boss's are easy but the stages are pretty damn hard in the later levels.

I love this game I'd give it an A grade all day long.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's harder than 3, but easier than 1 and Revenge. I don't think revenge is hard in a good way though; it's my least favorite in the series due to the poorly designed platforming. I didn't grow up with the series so I don't have any nostalgia to cloud my judgment. Shadow Dancer and 3 are in a tight race for my favorite in the series. [/QUOTE]

3 might still be harder than "Shadow Dancer" because of the tricky jumps you have to do in the later levels. But it's been a while since I've played them.

Return to “Review Feedback”