2014/2/4: Odyssey 2: Alpine Skiing, Monkeyshines, Take The Money And Run

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
scotland171

Postby scotland171 » February 8th, 2014, 9:52 am

It may also have been in reference to getting timed out during long posts too.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 8th, 2014, 3:07 pm

[QUOTE=scotland17]

It may also have been in reference to getting timed out during long posts too.

[/QUOTE]
Oh good. I was thinking "if Scotland is being warned about formatting or grammar, there's not much hope for any of the rest of us." I was pretty sure you and another few people here had writing a couple standard deviations above the internet average, and that the board as a whole was well above average.

PSX1

Postby PSX1 » February 8th, 2014, 4:27 pm

I'm not much of an Odyssey 2 fan at all, and I don't recall ever playing any of these games on mine, but I had to chime in anyways to let you know that these are some stellar reviews, Critic.  Hilarious and great descriptions of the game.  Especially Monkeyshines, which might be one of your best ever, and Take the Money and Run is great too.  If you've started juicing recently, keep it up.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 9th, 2014, 12:45 am

I appreciate the accolades!   I have to admit this latest set of Odyssey 2 review is among my best.

It's a lot easier to interject humor with the older games.  The gameplay is relatively simple so I can dedicate a good part of the review to irreverent remarks.  With modern games I've trying to squeeze so much information into a paragraph, it's hard to convey much humor.  Usually I'm more concerned with paring down the original "wall of text" I write.

The good news is, I plan on re-reviewing a lot of the old Odyssey 2 games.

LS6501

Postby LS6501 » February 9th, 2014, 12:22 pm

The O2 is a system I've never been into until recently, although I do recall seeing them in the department store as a kid.
Although some of the early games are rather crude and simplistic, there are some real gems in its library: the two KC games, Turtles (I actually played the Stern arcade machine once when I was young), UFO!, the Parker games, etc.

Return to “Review Feedback”