2014/3/16: Genesis: Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Rev1

Postby Rev1 » March 17th, 2014, 12:38 pm

[QUOTE=Splash]blah, blah, I'm a furry, blah blah[/QUOTE]

The VGC has never lied on his reviews. He may have his opinions, and may sometimes miss things, but he's always willing to re-look at a game if there was something that he missed. Also, these are reviews thus he is entitled to his own opinion. He doesn't have to have the same opinion on games as you do.

JIMX860001

Postby JIMX860001 » March 17th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Glad to see the grades for Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles were raised! (The only thing I don't understand is why Sonic and Knuckles was contraversial?)

By the way, I should probably point out that you STILL haven't redo-reviewed Donkey Kong Country 3 for the SNES.

If the third game really is your average run-of-the-mill sequel that doesn't do anything different from the first 2 games, then why does it have an A- grade that suggests it's BETTER than the first two games?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 17th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I'll amend the reviews to take into account some of your comments.  For example - you are correct that the controversial icon is not appropriate.  Not sure what I was thinking.

Splash - You got your point across, so put a lid on it.  But since you make a good point I'll start a separate thread about Sonic and Mario.

I agree Sonic CD and Sonic Spinball should be revised next.  

And yeah, Donkey Kong Country 3 also.  I think I was saving that for warmer weather.

Splash1

Postby Splash1 » March 17th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Also, I really should be saying non-human characters in general, not anthro characters.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 17th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Should you, really? 

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » March 17th, 2014, 6:40 pm

The critic really should be more compassionate to "furries".  Also, I've always thought the critic was very unfair to the undead, at least when they appear in video games.  He's shown a lot of glee in games that glorify murdering zombies, vampires, Frankenstein-like monsters, etc.  I feel he's being unfair not only to the undead, but necrophiliacs, which he alienates from this site with his unkind words.

Splash1

Postby Splash1 » March 17th, 2014, 8:35 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]The Critic has been open in the past about re-reviewing games where he may have missed the mark.  He doesn't "lie" and, thankfully, he doesn't have a furry fetish unlike someone posting here...[/QUOTE]

Okay, why does he say Kid Chameleon is like Megaman, then? It makes me wonder how much he's played it, since it plays more like an even worse Mario with even slower gameplay and polish to it.

Also, I don't have a furry fetish. In fact, I'm not even a furry. You just assumed that because I was talking about games with anthro-animals in them. Again, I really should say non-humans in general, since he seems to be biased towards anything staring non-humans, regardless if it's anthro or not.

[QUOTE=Rev]blah, blah, I'm a furry, blah blah[/QUOTE]

You're just too quick to use insults and assumptions, Rev. You know that?

[QUOTE=m0zart]The critic really should be more compassionate to "furries".  Also, I've always thought the critic was very unfair to the undead, at least when they appear in video games.  He's shown a lot of glee in games that glorify murdering zombies, vampires, Frankenstein-like monsters, etc.  I feel he's being unfair not only to the undead, but necrophiliacs, which he alienates from this site with his unkind words.[/QUOTE]

It's not "furries." It's non-humans in general. Not to mention, what you're saying is unrealistic. And despite what you may think, a good ammount of reviewers ARE biased against games staring non-humans, just for the record.

Number1Star1

Postby Number1Star1 » March 18th, 2014, 1:43 am

Solid revised reviews for Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles.

I actually prefer Sonic and Knuckles to Sonic 3 so it would have been nice to see it get an A- as well. I thought the length and level design of the zones were perfected in the game. It was also a nice touch to get unique mini bosses. Additionally, it was a big deal to have the first Super Sonic boss fight which was overlooked in the review.

Lastly, this is just a recommendation but I think it would be cool if you had a separate review for Sonic 3 and Knuckles "Locked On". Could be an A+ review? [smile]

Verm1

Postby Verm1 » March 18th, 2014, 5:16 am

That might get into the sticky issue of re-reviewing games based on what DLC or patches add.

But I suppose Sonic 3 and Knuckles is different in that it's an inbuilt feature of the cart (i.e it comes with the game, rather than being something one downloads).

Cream1471

Postby Cream1471 » April 15th, 2014, 7:02 pm

I agree with your reviews on these games as stand-alone titles. However, the truth is that they are two parts to the same game and Sonic 3 & Knuckles taken as one package is an exception game.

Return to “Review Feedback”