7/18/2006: NES: Dig Dug II, Robowarrior, Snake Rattle and Roll

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » July 20th, 2006, 6:01 am

QUOTE: "Oh really, you think a game where you control a snake and eat....is not original" NO! SRNR's only original part is the 3-D graphics. The "SNAKE EATS ALL THE STUFF TO ADVANCE" idea is almost as old as action games, appearing way back on early computers in MANY forms, as an arcade game (NIBBLER by Rock ola)
a VCS game (TAPE WORM and SURROUND) and INTV game (SNAFU) not to mention COUNTLESS homebrews;..again these are all 2-D games but the idea of play is the same. I thought SRNR was boring! Give me COBRA TRIANGLE, too!

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » July 20th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Eh, while Snake Rattle'n Roll definitly isn't among my favorite games (try the gameboy sequel, it's a sidescroller, which means no more annoying controls), I always found it a rather entertaining game. Sure, it has some control issues, but it works better than most isometric action-platformers *cough*Sonic3DBlast*cough*.

Completely agree with you on Dig Dug 2, though, that game was just annoying and not fun at all. Didn't have crap to do with the original Dig Dug either (which is one of my all-time favorite games), apart from the looks of the sprites.

Robo Warrior was one of those games everyone had heard of but no one had actually played (much like Startropics, Willow, Faxanadu and Final Fantasy Adventure). Unlike those games, this one apparently wasn't worth looking for (Never got around to play Faxanadu either, but I heard it was good).

a1

Postby a1 » July 20th, 2006, 10:52 pm

[QUOTE=Adamant]Eh, while Snake Rattle'n Roll definitly isn't among my favorite games (try the gameboy sequel, it's a sidescroller, which means no more annoying controls), I always found it a rather entertaining game. Sure, it has some control issues, but it works better than most isometric action-platformers *cough*Sonic3DBlast*cough*.
QUOTE]

Now that you forced me to compare them, you made me realize that they are practically the same game. In Sonic 3dBlast you simply collect flickies instead of eggs.

dreary79

Postby dreary79 » July 21st, 2006, 3:36 pm

I remember playing Robo Warrior as a kid and I loved it.  I tried it again and I can't stand it.  Is there any way to drop bombs and not have your life go down?

Return to “Review Feedback”