2015/3/13: Sega Master System: Penguin Land, Golvellius: Valley of Doom, Aerial Assault

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Paul1231

2015/3/13: Sega Master System: Penguin Land, Golvellius: Valley of Doom, Aerial Assault

Postby Paul1231 » March 22nd, 2015, 1:38 am

[QUOTE=stika]I'm frankly shocked at golvellius' score. I think it's an amazing game and I only discovered it like 5 years ago. I think it's on par with the original Legend of Zelda and even surpasses it in some ways (Especially if you use FM sound)[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding me. I just spent a hour trying to figure out what you guys like about this thing and frankly I think the critic went easy on it. Exceeds Zelda in many ways? Even the 3DO Zelda was more fun to play than this thing...

Tim1

Postby Tim1 » March 22nd, 2015, 5:09 pm

3DO Zelda?  I must have missed that one!!  I think you may mean CDI Zelda.  Anyway, I have Golvellius but have to admit I haven't really played it properly.  I'll have to give a crack and see how it plays by today's standards.  It did get pretty favourable reviews originally, but will have to see if time hasn't been kind!

stika1

Postby stika1 » March 27th, 2015, 2:58 pm

[QUOTE=Paul123][QUOTE=stika]I'm frankly shocked at golvellius' score. I think it's an amazing game and I only discovered it like 5 years ago. I think it's on par with the original Legend of Zelda and even surpasses it in some ways (Especially if you use FM sound)[/QUOTE] You have got to be kidding me. I just spent a hour trying to figure out what you guys like about this thing and frankly I think the critic went easy on it. Exceeds Zelda in many ways? Even the 3DO Zelda was more fun to play than this thing... [/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you didn't enjoy it. I honestly think this is a better game than original Zelda, mostly because the original Zelda has aged very poorly imo. Goelvellius offers much more variety, the action is more fluid and is in my opinion a very underrated 8-bit gem.

I recommend you spend more than just one hour with it. If someone who never played Zelda before spent one hour with it and hated the game, would you take his/her opinion seriously?

Return to “Review Feedback”