Should there be a new 2010s column?

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
darkrage61

Postby darkrage61 » March 4th, 2014, 1:11 am

Still dosen't seem like there's enough to justify another column.

LS6501

Postby LS6501 » March 4th, 2014, 10:37 am

Personally I like it the way things are now.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Everett1

Postby Everett1 » March 6th, 2014, 9:00 am

I agree with Greisha.  Honestly, it probably isn't needed yet because only 2 systems have come out since 2010.

Marriott_Guy1

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » March 6th, 2014, 6:36 pm

I agree with adding the search bar to the top of the page.  I believe you have plenty of room if you moved things around a bit.  Here are a few thoughts:

IDEA 1

o Create a transparent gif of the RSS / FB / Etc. icons at the top that would overlay Mark's banner graphic.  The banner graphic would be the background image of the table row, with the transparent 'icon gif' being an image inside that row (aligned bottom/right).

o Add the search bar into newly created space to the right of your existing menu (navy row).

IDEA 2

o Basically the same as above, but use wide 'mega-menus' to display the menu items.  This allows you to not have to worry about the height of your menu not being visible on smaller display devices.  Currently, the 1990s or Articles menu may 'run off' the viewable display of a mobile phone or like device.  Using 'mega-menus' that stretch horizontally will ensure that the entire contents are displayed (since it would be equal to the width of your page) to the visitor.

o Not trying to say my design is the best in the world, but this may be an example to illustrate this idea as well as incorporating the search bar at the top of the screen: http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com

Just some thoughts to chew upon.

Terry

Return to “Review Feedback”