8/11/2006: Genesis: Eternal Champions, Street Fighter II Championship Edition, Super Street Fighter II

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Superjay

8/11/2006: Genesis: Eternal Champions, Street Fighter II Championship Edition, Super Street Fighter II

Postby Superjay » August 13th, 2006, 7:35 am

If I knew back when the SNES version of SF2 came out that there would eventually be a Genesis version I never would have bought a SNES. That was the reason I bought a SNES. Back then I was addicted to that game in the arcade. Of course as I got older eventually I probably would have bought one.

T

Postby T » August 13th, 2006, 1:17 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]D'OH! Critic, when you re-review a game you've reviewed in another format don't you think you should mention it? First, if the CD got an A (Mutant Chickens 4evah!), you should say " If you want a GOOD EC game, play the Sega Cd version!" which would A) point us to that review and more importantly B) stop us from asking repeatedly why you didn't "play THAT version!".....just a thought!

So can someone tell me why the Audio in SSF2/Genesis is turned down so LOW compared to "normal" genny games?! (I'm not talking QUALITY I'm talking VOLUME; on half-volume on my Tv-my normal game level-Genny SSF2 sounds almost MUTE!)[/QUOTE]

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 13th, 2006, 1:19 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]D'OH! Critic, when you re-review a game you've reviewed in another format don't you think you should mention it? First, if the CD got an A (Mutant Chickens 4evah!), you should say " If you want a GOOD EC game, play the Sega Cd version!" which would A) point us to that review and more importantly B) stop us from asking repeatedly why you didn't "play THAT version!".....just a thought!
[/QUOTE]

Alienblue,
You make a good point - I should remember to mention if there's a better version of the game.  Of course, I reviewed the original Eternal Champions (Genesis) first, but I should have still gone back and added that.  I should do the same with my latest Pirates of the Caribbean review (love the Gameboy Advance version).
Dave

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » August 13th, 2006, 3:02 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Here are some fresh reviews of some old fighters for your reading enjoyment.[/QUOTE]

I can't find the Super Street Fighter review.  The link doesn't go to it, and I don't see it listed in the page.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 13th, 2006, 7:33 pm

You may need to refresh your browser.
Anybody else having this problem?

Dave

a1

Postby a1 » August 13th, 2006, 9:27 pm

No problem here.

Caf

Postby Caf » August 13th, 2006, 11:46 pm

I actually don't see the Sega CD Eternal Champions review listed anywhere...?

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 14th, 2006, 12:25 am

[QUOTE=Caf]

[/QUOTE]

Ditto

a1

Postby a1 » August 14th, 2006, 2:51 am

[QUOTE=Caf]

[/QUOTE]

Not that it's important to me, heck I don't even have a Sega CD, but I don't see that either.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 14th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Hey! Same here! No review of ETERNAL CHAMPIONS in the Sega CD
Section....did it get dropped, Dave? A-E stops with Ecco the
Dolphin!!!

Return to “Review Feedback”