Update Virtual Boy console review?

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
eneuman96

Update Virtual Boy console review?

Postby eneuman96 » April 14th, 2015, 12:04 am

I'm not sure how long ago the system review for the Virtual Boy was written, but there's a sentence in it that definitely doesn't ring true today:

"It's not difficult or expensive to acquire a Virtual Boy system."

Looking on eBay, collecting a Virtual Boy system is absolutely a pricey endeavor, in part due to the fact that not a lot were made to begin with and in part due to the majority of them either no longer working or having major defects. You could probably get a working Xbox 360 with all the hookups for less money than a working Virtual Boy with all its respective necessary parts.

Just thought that could use a revision to fit the times. Thanks!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Update Virtual Boy console review?

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 14th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Great point and thanks for bringing it up. I suspect a lot of those old console reviews will need to be updated with respect to price and availability.

scotland

Postby scotland » August 25th, 2015, 10:06 am

Happy 20th Anniversary to the Nintendo Virtual Boy.

If Dave is revising his review, this might be interesting.
http://m.fastcompany.com/3050016/unraveling-the-enigma-of-nintendos-virtual-boy-20-years-later

A long article on the Virtual Boy and its creator. I think it was Logan who talked about 10 years being a long time in gaming. This was 20 years ago, with its roots going back farther still, and it seems both ages past with being awkward and using cheap red LEDs and 'all being done with mirrors' tech, and still modern given the 3DS and Oculus Rift and that Time magazine cover all showing how an immersive computer created artificial world is still a goal.

jon

Postby jon » August 26th, 2015, 10:27 pm

The article called Mario Tennis "generic". I thought it was awesome. It was easily one of the most fun tennis games I've ever played, it felt like you were on the court and the physics were excellent.

Return to “Review Feedback”