9/21/2006: Nintendo DS: Brain Age, Break 'Em All, Point Blank DS

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 21st, 2006, 8:31 pm

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Shawn

Postby Shawn » September 21st, 2006, 9:02 pm

Wow! A B+ for Point Blank means you are OUT OF YOUR MIND! The game is $##% terrible and deserves nothing less then an F! Do not listen to the critic; do NOT buy this game! Do not waste your money! Sorry critic but you are way off on this one! I haven't played the other titles so I have no idea how your reviews stack up but I bought point bland and sorry...you are terribly sick and misguided on this one. Terrible review!

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » September 21st, 2006, 9:18 pm

Yay, new game reviews (and for portables)!  Other than that I have nothing since I don't own (or plan to own) these games.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » September 21st, 2006, 10:06 pm

I know a lot of people really enjoy brain age, but I don't like math and hardly consider it "fun" in any meaning of the word.

Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » September 21st, 2006, 10:28 pm

[QUOTE=Shawn]

Wow! A B+ for Point Blank means you are OUT OF YOUR MIND! The game is $##% terrible and deserves nothing less then an F! Do not listen to the critic; do NOT buy this game! Do not waste your money! Sorry critic but you are way off on this one! I haven't played the other titles so I have no idea how your reviews stack up but I bought point bland and sorry...you are terribly sick and misguided on this one. Terrible review!

[/QUOTE]Wow, that's almost like when we loved Mega Man Powered Up, the Critic hated it. And now we hate Point Blank DS while the Critic loves it... huh? Anyway, excellent Brain Age review. Critic, do you play the Brain Age game every day or just skip some days on the schedule? I hate to be a perfectionist, but I get up at 5:00 in the morning and do my brain training.

a1

Postby a1 » September 22nd, 2006, 12:23 am

[QUOTE=Linkdude]I hate to be a perfectionist, but I get up at 5:00 in the morning and do my brain training.
[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! Are you serious? I picked that game up every day for about a week, and then stopped after finishing the Sudoku. How long have you been doing that?

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » September 22nd, 2006, 4:57 am

Brain age isn't "educational" by any stretch of the imagination.  It is rudimentary even for infants school kids (the under 7s bracket).

Shawn

Postby Shawn » September 22nd, 2006, 5:33 am

Has anyone else played Point Blank? The game is an absolute bore!

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » September 22nd, 2006, 6:25 am

I think I got off to a bad start with Brain Age. I played it at a friend's house, and since it wasn't my game, you can only play these small "visitor minigames", namely, the one where you have to yell out the color of a word (and not the word itself, which is obviously a color). And yes, not only do you look somewhat foolish when you sit there talking to your DS, you have to practically yell the word for the thing to pick it up, and often multiple times, because it has somewhat of a problem understanding what I'm saying. Yeah.

Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » September 22nd, 2006, 6:20 pm

[QUOTE=a]

[QUOTE=Linkdude]I hate to be a perfectionist, but I get up at 5:00 in the morning and do my brain training.
[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! Are you serious? I picked that game up every day for about a week, and then stopped after finishing the Sudoku. How long have you been doing that?

[/QUOTE]Yep. I do every single training exercise and my brain age check. It's pretty cool, since my alarm clock on my DS helps me get up.

Return to “Review Feedback”