2015/8/11: Nintendo 3DS: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Paul Campbell

Re: 2015/8/11: Nintendo 3DS: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Postby Paul Campbell » August 12th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Splash wrote:
Mario500 wrote:
velcrozombie wrote:...I'm going to go make some popcorn.

What did you mean by this message?

He's being a jerk for no good reason, pretty much.

Personally, I actually quite liked a lot of the puzzle aspects of this game. I really liked being able to transform into different creatures too. All in all, I actually quite liked the mask system.

What? What are you talking about? How is suggesting that the review in question is sure to ignite a firestorm of debate, being a jerk? Suggesting that you seem to be an oversensitive sissy would definitely be a much better example of jerkiness, but not necessarily without cause...

Splash

Postby Splash » August 13th, 2015, 9:11 am

Paul Campbell wrote:
Splash wrote:

Personally, I actually quite liked a lot of the puzzle aspects of this game. I really liked being able to transform into different creatures too. All in all, I actually quite liked the mask system.

What? What are you talking about? How is suggesting that the review in question is sure to ignite a firestorm of debate, being a jerk? Suggesting that you seem to be an oversensitive sissy would definitely be a much better example of jerkiness, but not necessarily without cause...

If you have to say "I'll get the popcorn," that means you actually WANT all heck to break loose. You actually WANT a crapstorm of flaming idiots and all CAPS posts. Usually when I see popcorn mentioned, that is basically a cue that means "Okay, this has gone far enough already." It has nothing to do with being an "oversensitive sissy," genius.

As for Majoras Mask? I played it when I was young. My tolerance for slowness in games was a bit better back then, but I still quite liked how unique Majora's Mask was. Though I can see how it wouldn't be fore everyone.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » August 13th, 2015, 3:18 pm

I see no harm in the innocent (And accurate) post that Velcrozombie made.

If you're the Splash of old, you're not off to a great start...

Splash wrote:I don't know if it matters, but there is a female in one of the sectors who will save your rupees so you don't lose them. I... actually kind of liked Majora's Mask more than Ocarina of Time. I'm not sure why.

Why such a cryptic post? All he has to do is go to Clock Town and find the bank. Instead, you're directing him to no where.

lol

Sut

Postby Sut » August 13th, 2015, 3:45 pm

Yeah I'm not sure why there is an issue.
Velcrozombie was just alluding to the fact that scoring a Zelda game D- would cause a reaction.

Personally I found it a humourous post.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » August 13th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Splash wrote:
Paul Campbell wrote:
Splash wrote:

If you have to say "I'll get the popcorn," that means you actually WANT all heck to break loose. You actually WANT a crapstorm of flaming idiots and all CAPS posts. Usually when I see popcorn mentioned, that is basically a cue that means "Okay, this has gone far enough already." It has nothing to do with being an "oversensitive sissy," genius.

Oh please. This is the definition of being oversensitive. He's saying that a debate is coming, whether he likes it or not, and he's interested enough in the topic to stick around and listen. You are adding your own spin to the sentence to make it fit your dumb comment. Calling him a jerk because of your assumption of his intent is so incredibly annoying. In fact, your calling him a jerk because of that is far worse than even the worst case scenario of his supposed intent in the first place.

nesfan

Postby nesfan » August 13th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Splash wrote:
Paul Campbell wrote:
Splash wrote:

If you have to say "I'll get the popcorn," that means you actually WANT all heck to break loose. You actually WANT a crapstorm of flaming idiots and all CAPS posts.
That post didn't imply he wanted it to happen. It implied that he expected it to happen. And for the record, I expected the same thing as soon I saw the grade for the review.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » August 13th, 2015, 6:30 pm

It was just supposed to be a snarky little joke. I saw the grade and just said "Uh oh...". I remember what happened with the review feedback for games like Heart of the Alien and The Orange Box and I expected something even crazier, considering how beloved this game has become over the years and the series is in general. I'd prefer to let the whole thing go - it wasn't my intent to interfere with the discussion.

Voor

Postby Voor » August 13th, 2015, 6:35 pm

Yeah, the popcorn comment is the equivalent of saying "ooohhhh, this oughta be good." And means that it will be enjoyable to watch.

For what it's worth, when I saw that score, I knew this thread would light up.

The popcorn reference is really old and is used in a ton of forums. In fact, in the other forum I visit, there is a popcorn emoji.

All that to say that it was never intended to come across as snarky.

Moving on....

David

Postby David » August 13th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Damnit, if I had known better I would've made some popcorn after Velcrozombie's popcorn making comment.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » August 14th, 2015, 5:54 am

David wrote:Damnit, if I had known better I would've made some popcorn after Velcrozombie's popcorn making comment.

Damn it, you're right. ;)

Return to “Review Feedback”