Article: Which Console Should I Buy?

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Sonicx9

Re: Article: Which Console Should I Buy?

Postby Sonicx9 » September 23rd, 2015, 6:23 pm

I like the idea of list of games, but it should only cover games that are either exclusive to the PS4/Xbox One/Wii U via single system games or games made with the PS4/Xbox One/Wii U in mind along with PC if applied that have a Metacritic score of 70 or more, as games that are cross-gen/available on the 3DS/PS Vita, iOS, Andriod that are the same/identical are not true next-gen in mind games in Graphics/Gameplay, also I will not list App games like Super Mario Maker/Art Academy as it only applies to real legit games.

Wii U Single System exclusives list with Metacritic score of 70 or more.

Super Mario 3D World
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U (I now I am cheating as New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U is the two in one GOTY version of both the stand alone retail/digital New Super Mario Bros. U and retail New Super Luigi U, so this entry can count with the stand alone New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U.)
Runbow (Download only release)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Affordable Space Adventures (Download only release)
LEGO City Undercover
Pushmo World (Download only release)
Sportsball (Download only release)
The Wonderful 101
Nintendo Land
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Download only release)
Swords & Soldiers II (Download only release)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Armillo (Download only release)
Wii Fit U
Yoshi's Woolly World
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water

PS4 Single System exclusives list with Metacritic score of 70 or more.

Bloodborne
Tearaway Unfolded different from the PS Vita game Tearaway
Until Dawn
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (Download only release)
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
inFamous: First Light
inFamous: Second Son
Driveclub

Xbox One Single System exclusives list with Metacritic score of 70 or more.

Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360 version is a different game: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/23/583404 ... an-on-xbox)
Rare Replay (I know it is a collection of a bunch of games on other systems, but some games on the Rare Replay collection such as R.C. Pro-Am II, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Battletoads Aracde are hard to find in the wild/expensive so it is an exclusive because of the price differences of getting the collection vs the included games stand alone.)
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Motorsport 5
#IDARB (Download only release)
Dance Central Spotlight

Multiplatform games made with the PS4, Xbox One, and/or Wii U in mind if applied, also includes PC if applied with Metacritic score of 70 or more.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PC/PS4/Xbox One
Batman: Arkham Knight PC/PS4/Xbox One
Rocket League PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition PC/PS4/Xbox One(I know it may not count as it is a GOTY re-release of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, and the fact the original version was on PS3/Xbox 360, but I count it as a next-gen in mind exclusive, do to the fact the PS3/Xbox 360 versions of : Shadow of Mordor were terrible ports with downgraded Nemesis System/missing DLC and terrible frame rate: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... -revisited.)
Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Project CARS PC/PS4/Xbox One
Mortal Kombat X PC/PS4/Xbox One, the iOS/Android version is different and the PS3/Xbox 360 versions are canceled.)
Astebreed PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Galak-Z: The Dimensional PC/PS4 (Download only release)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Ziggurat PC/PS4/Xbox One (Download only release)
NHL 16 PS4/Xbox One
Hand of Fate PC/PS4/Xbox One (Download only release)
PlanetSide 2 PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Outlast PC/PS4/Xbox One (Download only release)
SOMA PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Lost Orbit PC/PS4 (Download only release)
War Thunder PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Apotheon PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist PS4/Xbox One (Download only release)
ETHER One PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris PC/PS4/Xbox One (Retail disc release in some countries.)
Dying Light PC/PS4/Xbox One
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited PC/PS4/Xbox One
Pure Hold 'Em PC/PS4/Xbox One PS4 (Download only release)
Grow Home PC/PS4 PS4 (Download only release)
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD PC/PS4/Xbox One (I normally don’t list remasters, but it did at one time included the Final Fantasy 15 deom on PS4/Xbox One, and is the only English language version of Final Fantasy Type-0.)
TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT PC/PS4/Xbox One PS4 (Download only release)
Magicka 2 PC/PS4 (Download only release)
The Escapists PC/PS4/Xbox One (Download only release)
Zombi/Zombi U PC/PS4/ Xbox One/Wii U (Download only release on non-Wii U versions.)
Mad Max PC/PS4/ Xbox One
Styx: Master of Shadows PC/PS4/Xbox One (Download only release)
Nom Nom Galaxy PC/PS4 (Download only release)
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition PC/PS4 (Download only release)
EA Sports UFC PS4/Xbox One (a different free to play iOS/Android version also exists but does not count.)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
Kalimba Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
SMITE Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
Volgarr the Viking Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
Tachyon Project Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
Evolve PC/PS4/Xbox One
Roundabout PC/PS4/Xbox One (Download only release)
Mega Coin Squad Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
Killer Instinct Xbox One/PC
Dead Rising 3 Xbox One/PC
Massive Chalice Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
Spy Chameleon Xbox One/PC/Wii U (Download only release)
Blues and Bullets Xbox One/PC (Download only release)
Worms Battlegrounds PC/PS4/ Xbox One (Disc release in Europe)
RUSH PC/Wii U (Download only release)
Toki Tori 2 PC/Wii U (Download only release)
Elliot Quest PC/Wii U (Download only release)
Unepic PC/Wii U (Download only release)

That is all of the via Metacritic score of 70 or more.single system games for the PS4/Xbox One/Wii U and/or games made with the PS4/Xbox One/Wii U in mind along with PC via if applied. Corrections are welcomed.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » September 25th, 2015, 4:01 am

Rookie1 wrote:
I dont think I could really justify paying $300 for a WiiU for it to be used as a kids toy.

(eyeroll) I see. So the near absence of "adult" games makes the Wii U a "kids toy". Sound reasoning. I mean, only little tikes and fetuses play games with Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, etc. Let me guess, you are a "hardcore gamer", aren't you?

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » September 25th, 2015, 8:14 am

Paul Campbell wrote:
Rookie1 wrote:
I dont think I could really justify paying $300 for a WiiU for it to be used as a kids toy.

(eyeroll) I see. So the near absence of "adult" games makes the Wii U a "kids toy". Sound reasoning. I mean, only little tikes and fetuses play games with Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, etc. Let me guess, you are a "hardcore gamer", aren't you?

Not at all, but thats what the system is being marketed as with its biggest sellers being action figures your plug in to your games. Its not being marketed to adults, and that is blatantly obvious. And, like I said, I couldnt jusify that price tag to do so, especially when the far less expensive 3DS offers an almost identical experience.

But whatever. NES has never marketed their gaming products as toys, so obviously im just too 1337 to understand.

NX17

Postby NX17 » September 26th, 2015, 10:14 am

Rookie1 wrote:
NX17 wrote: for all intents and purposes it's the same result as an "exclusive." Games like Metal Gear, Grand Theft Auto, Destiny, etc aren't on Wii U regardless.

I never understood that. Seemed like the GC catered very much to the adult gamer. If I remember correctly, BMX XXX for the GC was the only version to show nudity. Every other system censored it. Yet they still failed to support some of the best selling adult oriented games of the time.

Im not really sure what Nintendo's strategy is with that. I dont think I could really justify paying $300 for a WiiU for it to be used as a kids toy. Maybe the $100 for a used 3DS, but not $300+.

Nintendo has constantly put barriers to entry up to third parties to get those games.

N64 is probably my favorite system ever, but high cost of cartridges and low storage capacity basically destroyed major support.

Gamecube rectified that a bit with mini disc format, but PS2 and XBox were using DVD's and again, Gamecube was at a storage capacity limitation. Not only that, but the controller was unorthodox for no reason - it had an odd Z button and finger layout, but no dual triggers on the top which every third party had in their games. There's was no online gaming support, outside of Phantasy Star Online. Not to mention the image of a purple cube with a lunchbox handle on it.

Wii was a phenomenon but they went complete out of the graphics domain where it wasn't reasonable to port 360/PS3 games, and the motion control scheme caused even more issues.

Wii U has been DOA since the start.

When you look back, it turned out to be all for what? Nintendo eventually ditched low capacity formats and went with DVD anyway. They stopped messing around with odd control schemes and at least offered the standard 4 trigger, 4 face, two stick combination. They turned a weird looking console into a more sleek design with Wii and Wii U. They adopted online eventually anyway.

It's like Nintendo is different on purpose, and sometimes to spite competitors better solutions just to be different. Sometimes being different sets them apart and makes them an innovator, but completely logical additions that competitors adopted first, they spurn, because they wouldn't be different. Then years down the line, they slowly adopt them anyway! Doing that over and over takes its toll and puts them in the position they're in now.

Return to “Review Feedback”