12/10/2006: Genesis: Mystical Fighter, Pirates Gold, Pirates of Dark Water, The

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Bow

Postby Bow » December 12th, 2006, 5:55 pm

I've been curious as to what other people think of Pirates! Gold. In my opinion it's the best Genesis game. It's replayability is off the charts. Even though there isn't a lot of variety in the actual gameplay, it allows your imagination to keep it completely fresh every time you play.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » December 12th, 2006, 7:03 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]

I loved it as a kid.

The general premise of the show is that a group of kids are pulled into the "Realm of Dungeons & Dragons" by taking a magical roller coaster trip at a fairground. Invariably, the children just want to get home, but often take detours to help people, or, especially, find that their fates are intertwined with the fate of others.[/QUOTE]

I loved it too.  I also loved a similarly themed show, "Kid Video".  It was only similarly themed in the sense that these kids get trapped in a music video world instead of an RPG imaginary world, but for some reason as a kid I ate those types of "Land of the Lost" shows up.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 12th, 2006, 11:16 pm

Concerning the D&D show, I did used to watch that!  I remembered as soon as I saw that little unicorn.  Too bad they took the kiddie route - if they had used adult characters I would imagine the show would have held up better over time.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » December 13th, 2006, 5:09 am

D&D started coming on some channel again lately (can't remember which one, and I don't have cable anymore), but I re-watched some old episodes, and still enjoyed it.  It isn't like, say, Astroboy or any other cartoons that can actually be appriciated now for something you missed as a kid.  And it certainly isn't Gargoyles.  Still, it's a fun nostalgic trip.

Return to “Review Feedback”