Worst 50 Games of All Time!

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
CharlieR

Re: Worst 50 Games of All Time!

Postby CharlieR » February 28th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Monster Hunter seems like the game that gamers seem to either love or hate. I read a lot online about people spending over 100 hours on the game; and then I read about people who just can't get into it. Put me in the second category. The game just feels slow and clunky to me. It sure seems like the type of game that should be right up my alley, but for whatever reason it isn't. Slaying monsters with different types of weapons does sound fun to me, so I'm willing to keep trying the demo I have on my 3ds.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 28th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Feilong!! Rob I believe your name was? Welcome back!! It's been forever.

For those who don't know, rohoGames (the poster formerly known as feilong80) was once a very high profile member of this site in its formative years. The remember Rob saying he was trying to break into the gaming industry, and I knew that was a tough row to hoe. But he put his mind to it and sure enough, after a few years he was working on games for major studios! He was our own celebrity. A living legend.

Then he got too big for us common folk and got the hell outta Dodge. Just kidding. I'm sure he's been busy. And the fact that he's working on a big Alien game is proof he's been doing a bang-up job.

Thanks for checking back in Rob, and don't be a stranger. Us outsiders would all be interested in knowing what the industry is like from the inside. You can even plug you game(s) if you want to.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » March 1st, 2018, 11:49 am

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 2nd, 2018, 2:16 pm

Another note about Monster Hunter is that it almost got dropped off the list.

Late in the editing process I thought I had accidentally included 51 games. One would need to get axed, and Monster Hunter was a frontrunner. As much as I disliked the game, I did put quite a few hours into it and I personally knew people who loved it. Then I discovered I had numbered wrong and there really was 50, so it stayed.

Now I'm kind of glad it made the list, because it caught a lot of people by surprise and is a good topic of conversation. The list would have been pretty dull had it contained just the "usual suspects". I'm glad I went with my gut.

bigfriendly

Postby bigfriendly » June 5th, 2018, 9:38 pm

I know this had to be difficult and probably took you a long time to put together. It would be cool if you could do a list for all the different systems. Or maybe a list for each decade. God knows there were some serious stinkers when all of those fly by night companies popped up for the 2600. When I first started reading your list I wondered if Skeet-Shoot would make the cut. Or anything else released from Games by Apollo. Enjoyed reading your list.

rohoGames

Postby rohoGames » October 14th, 2018, 8:15 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Feilong!! Rob I believe your name was? Welcome back!! It's been forever.

For those who don't know, rohoGames (the poster formerly known as feilong80) was once a very high profile member of this site in its formative years. The remember Rob saying he was trying to break into the gaming industry, and I knew that was a tough row to hoe. But he put his mind to it and sure enough, after a few years he was working on games for major studios! He was our own celebrity. A living legend.

Then he got too big for us common folk and got the hell outta Dodge. Just kidding. I'm sure he's been busy. And the fact that he's working on a big Alien game is proof he's been doing a bang-up job.

Thanks for checking back in Rob, and don't be a stranger. Us outsiders would all be interested in knowing what the industry is like from the inside. You can even plug you game(s) if you want to.

Casting "necromancy" to respond to this- since shameless shilling of my podcast brought me back here :)

The main reason I stopped posting was the school I went to was insane- a great school- but I pretty much entered a cage of torment from 2008-2009. And you know the thing about habits, even good ones- hard to get going again :)

Yeah I need to be better about posting and conversing a bit- I'll probably never be as prolific as before (having kids also tends to do this). I will say I've encountered other VGC posters online here and there and it is always a blast talking to them. The community here was and is great.

Maybe someday I can work on a game that earns an A grade here ;) Prey 2 would have probably gotten one, had that actually happened :)

Alien game is going well! Of course I can hardly say anything as per the normal routine.

-Rob

Return to “Review Feedback”