Worst 50 Games of All Time!

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Retro STrife

Re: Worst 50 Games of All Time!

Postby Retro STrife » January 21st, 2018, 12:14 am

Thanks; that was a fun read! Lots of funny remarks (Carmegeddon 64's was my favorite), and a good chance to re-read some of your best humorous reviews. My only surprise was the #1 pick.. not because I think it's a good game, but instead, just because I figured there had to be even worse games out there.

By the way... Useless trivia: According to the aggregate review website GameRankings.com, the worst-reviewed video game ever with at least 20 reviews from critics is.... "Charlie's Angels" for the Gamecube. It has an average review score of 23% out of 100. That sounds like a good one, Critic, if you're ever in the mood for a new F- review!

And, if you consider games with less than 20 reviews by critics, you'll find a few more poorly-reviewed gems... like Ride to Hell (X360, 15% out of 100), Ninjabread Man (Wii, 17%), Drake of the 99 Dragons (Xbox, 20%), and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (PS1, 22%). I've never played any of those, but they all sound like they could make some funny reviews from you. Just think, Superman (N64) is at 23%, and the worst scored game you've played so far, and yet still better than these other games. (And, by comparison, the Worms Forts game has a score average of 67%.)

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » January 21st, 2018, 4:38 am

Just following up on my post above.. read some of the reviews for the games I mentioned, and Ride to Hell and Ninjabread Man in particular seem to have a lot of potential to be "so bad that it's good", in terms of being hilariously bad to play them, especially with friends around. I just ordered those two myself, for that very reason. Could make for some good VGC reviews...

For anyone curious, here's one review for each:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ride_ ... eview.aspx

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/01/09/ ... man-review

ESauce

Postby ESauce » January 21st, 2018, 4:49 am

IGN gave Worms Forts a 6.9 when it released; not exactly a scathing review:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2004/12/09/wo ... er-siege-5

It’s sitting at a 63 Critic score on MetaCritic

https://www.google.com/amp/www.metacrit ... ic-reviews

I’ve never played it, I just found it interesting that your worst game of all time doesn’t even get a failing grade on metacritic.

noah98

Postby noah98 » January 21st, 2018, 9:31 am

Golvellius is considered one of the best games for the Sega Master system. Back in the day, I thought it was almost as good as the original Zelda. Admittedly it does have it’s flaws, but I still like it quite a bit.

The rest of your list is spot on, though I think many people will disagree with Monster Hunter making the list. Can’t imagine it’s worse than Sneak N’ Peak lol!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 21st, 2018, 11:09 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. In a way I'm glad my list had its share of surprises. I definitely am not in the business of regurgitating the stuff out there on other review sites.

Still, I will be open to changes in the future. Keep in mind there were three new entries in my Best 50 list last year, knocking three off.

Also, I think I might have a copy of that Ride Thru Hell game so maybe I'll try to review it this year. That Charlie's Angels game also sounds like a winner.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 21st, 2018, 5:05 pm

I just realized that Spirit of Speed 1937 didn't even make it into the Dishonorable Mentions. I was sure that I'd see that one.
Last edited by Stalvern on January 22nd, 2018, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 21st, 2018, 7:42 pm

It is a good list with some truly awful games in there.

Glad to see some of my Jag faves never made the list.

Here is one you missed out. This is a stinker of mammoth proportions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ride_to_Hell:_Retribution

if you see it for 50 cents you need to buy it just so you know what the game on next years top spot is going to be.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » January 21st, 2018, 9:26 pm

Retro STrife wrote:Just following up on my post above.. read some of the reviews for the games I mentioned, and Ride to Hell and Ninjabread Man in particular seem to have a lot of potential to be "so bad that it's good", in terms of being hilariously bad to play them, especially with friends around. I just ordered those two myself, for that very reason. Could make for some good VGC reviews...

I've never played Ride to Hell, but I did watch a full play-through courtesy of Two Best Friends Play and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen - especially the wealth of weird glitches and the fully-clothed sex scenes. It's kind of a shame, though - the original design for the game (an open-world game based on the biker culture of the mid-to-late 60s) sounds like it had a lot of potential.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 22nd, 2018, 7:18 am

velcrozombie wrote:
Retro STrife wrote:Just following up on my post above.. read some of the reviews for the games I mentioned, and Ride to Hell and Ninjabread Man in particular seem to have a lot of potential to be "so bad that it's good", in terms of being hilariously bad to play them, especially with friends around. I just ordered those two myself, for that very reason. Could make for some good VGC reviews...

I've never played Ride to Hell, but I did watch a full play-through courtesy of Two Best Friends Play and it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen - especially the wealth of weird glitches and the fully-clothed sex scenes. It's kind of a shame, though - the original design for the game (an open-world game based on the biker culture of the mid-to-late 60s) sounds like it had a lot of potential.

I have it and have played half way through it. It just is not any good. The idea is great but the implementation is horrid.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » January 22nd, 2018, 2:20 pm

Fun list, but I can’t understand the inclusion of monster hunter...it sounds to me like you just couldn’t get into it...for what it’s worth, I’m one of the people who put hundreds of hours into it.

Return to “Review Feedback”