2018/7/19: Playstation 4: Tales of Zestiria

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/7/19: Playstation 4: Tales of Zestiria

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 19th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Here's another modern RPG review contributed by the RPG Crew. What say you??

BlasteroidAli

Re: 2018/7/19: Playstation 4: Tales of Zestiria

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 19th, 2018, 6:14 pm

I have one of them on 360 and it was really hard to get into. The story is great the game just does not play like a triple aaa title.

It is a good review and encapsulates what I feel about the 360 one also.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 19th, 2018, 10:07 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:I have one of them on 360 and it was really hard to get into. The story is great the game just does not play like a triple aaa title.

It is a good review and encapsulates what I feel about the 360 one also.

I have Tales of Vesperia (the one for 360), but I can't decide if I should play and review it now, or wait until the HD Definitive Edition comes out on PS4 later this year.

VicViper

Postby VicViper » July 20th, 2018, 1:06 pm

IMO, Vesperia is the best that was released overseas bar none. Symphonia is a little overrated, though a close second.

I say this as a Tales Of fan: Zestiria is just sooooo boring, and in the first 8 hours at the highest difficulty, I felt like mashing the attack button in battles was enough, while Vesperia, Symphonia, and Abyss kick your ass when you're being too random. Xillia too, though only a bit later (difficulty is pretty low at the start). Story seemed super generic, wasn't fond of it at all, gave up on it rather quickly, which is a first for me on this series, usually I give up on them when I have no other choice, or when I get other games to play.

Even Symphonia "2" (Dawn Of The New World), a budget title, is much better than Zestiria, it has some pretty insufferable first impressions with the main character & presentation choices (too many flashbacks and call backs from barely a few minutes before, and oddly enough it's only used once after Chapter 1 and it's at around the end of the game), but it gets a hell of a lot better towards the end of Chapter 1 and in Chapter 2 onwards, despite the recycling.

Return to “Review Feedback”