2018/9/5: NES: Rolling Thunder, Toobin'

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/9/5: NES: Rolling Thunder, Toobin'

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 5th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Here's yet another summer game, along with the first of three Rolling Thunder reviews. Comments?

Sonicx9

Re: 2018/9/5: NES: Rolling Thunder, Toobin'

Postby Sonicx9 » September 6th, 2018, 3:03 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Here's yet another summer game, along with the first of three Rolling Thunder reviews. Comments?

After reviewing the Rolling Thunder trilogy on NES and Genesis, you need to pick up the upcoming Namco Museum Arcade Pac for the Nintendo Switch as it includes the original Arcade versions of Rolling Thunder 1 and 2 along with SPLATTERHOUSE and other games.: https://www.amazon.com/NAMCO-MUSEUM-ARC ... B07F6WPGN5

Also for Rolling Thunder 3 on Genesis, please enter the password GREED to play as Ellen in the game ok?

Sut

Postby Sut » September 6th, 2018, 11:41 am

I’ve not played the NES version of Rolling Thunder but played it on the ST. A kinda like the music initially with its beat, but then it does indeed get shrill and obnoxious.

The enemies seemed to do a strange dance on the title screen on the ST, will have to check the NES version out as console usually (not always) play better than computer ports.

Fun review look forward to more Rolling Thunder.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » September 6th, 2018, 3:21 pm

Fun reads, both of these. I've tried Rolling Thunder a few times (home and arcade versions), but can never get into it. I know it's considered a good game, but I have never felt that way. Trying to remember why... I think the gameplay always felt slow and stiff to me, and pretty average in comparison to other side-scrolling action games. But after reading your review, maybe I'll have to give it another look next time I see it in an arcade. Toobin is a nice arcade game to pop a couple quarters in, but only in short spurts and the controls are pretty tough to handle.

Return to “Review Feedback”