2018/9/18: Lynx: Dracula: The Undead

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/9/18: Lynx: Dracula: The Undead

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 18th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Time for a little Lynx action in the spirit of the season. Sadly the game does not measure up. Thoughts?

Ozzybear

Re: 2018/9/18: Lynx: Dracula: The Undead

Postby Ozzybear » September 20th, 2018, 11:54 am

this I one that I don't have for my lynx, and though it gets a lot a lot of bad reviews , id still like to have it for my collection !!!

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » September 27th, 2018, 8:32 am

I have a near complete Lynx collection but am missing this one. Looks like i'm not missing much!

The game looks very advanced for its time, but if it's not fun then whats the point?

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » September 27th, 2018, 12:31 pm

It really seems like this genre isn't for you. You also go after Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion for their dream logic approach to problem solving, and the fact that you have to think like a mad scientist to beat them, using the game world as your lab...

You only see the frustrating part where you're often stuck and can't immediately progress, rather than enjoying the process of coming up with your own bizarre ideas, over an extended period of time, and comparing notes with your friends.

So you're left to either try everything until you hit the solution by accident, or use a FAQ. Which is really like button mashing a fighting game, or using an AI to beat Pac Man. A key part of the experience is lost.

Not that Dracula is as good as the classics of the genre, but back then, this was your only option to play that genre on the go. For that reason alone, it'll always have a place in my heart.

Return to “Review Feedback”