Super Nintendo Classic Edition Review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Alucard1191

Re: Super Nintendo Classic Edition Review

Postby Alucard1191 » October 18th, 2018, 12:30 pm

I gotta say that I am really mixed on this one. I own the vast majority of these games already, so having another copy of them isn't overly appealing.

But it has Earthbound, which by itself sells for more than this system.

Does that along make it worth it? It also has Star Fox II which is interesting just from a historical perspective.

I'm not enough of a purist to have to play a game on original hardware... which makes this appealing, but I really wish there was a bit more variety to the games, only 5 of the games on that list I don't own.

Voor

Re: Super Nintendo Classic Edition Review

Postby Voor » October 20th, 2018, 10:10 am

I think your post proves that they good a good job with the game selection. You hope they select the most popular games. Naturally, a SNES owner would already have them. But you aren’t the target audience—they’re marketing retro gamers like myself, who sold/gave away their SNESes a decade ago.

I have no interest in spending $500 on an old snes and a bunch of games, but I’d gladly pay $80 for this and 75% of the best games.

My brother got one and added a few games via mod—namely turtles in time. Oh yeah.

I’ve never gotten into an RPG, because I just don’t relate to fantasy worlds, but I did play Earthbound for about 45 minutes and have to admit that the more “normal” story had me intrigued.

Return to “Review Feedback”