2018/11/10: Nintendo Switch: Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Cafeman

Re: 2018/11/10: Nintendo Switch: Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition

Postby Cafeman » November 12th, 2018, 10:00 am

I'm a Sega CD owner and fan, but never for this game. It is really cool to see the video quality so clear though. And Dana Plato is so young here, she must be like 22 years old. I always feel sad when I see her though, she was taken advantage of, as a former child star, had a few disappointing years, then ended her life, and years later so did her adult son. She was a cutie. Well sorry to be a downer, I did go to YT and skipped thru the entire game. I cracked up when at the moving Styrofoam walls followed by the bed spring trap; all that is missing is an Acme logo.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » November 12th, 2018, 3:12 pm

I've been coming to this site for a long time and Dave's love of Night Trap hasn't never wavered. I think it's awesome that a fan gets to experience this game with this newly enhanced version. It sounds like it's the perfect kind of update. Respectful to the original, but adds quality of life upgrades that feel natural the game's original design. It's re-releases like this that make me happy to still be gaming in 2018.

Also, it's hilarious to think how outraged politicians and companies got about this silly little game. Clearly none of them ever took the time to actually play the damn thing! It's so outrageous, funny, and harmless. I think the fact that it was actual video instead of pixels n polygons that freaked them out.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » November 12th, 2018, 8:24 pm

I've played a perfect game of Night Trap! You get a much better ending that way. It's not too hard to do, but requires the kind of mapping and planning that's pretty much Kryptonite to the VGC's play style. :)

djc

Postby djc » November 13th, 2018, 12:21 am

goldenband wrote:I've played a perfect game of Night Trap! You get a much better ending that way. It's not too hard to do, but requires the kind of mapping and planning that's pretty much Kryptonite to the VGC's play style. :)

Ditto. Back in the day my cousin and I got very proficient at not only finishing the game but seeing all the different endings. Won't spoil it but a perfect game is oddly satisfying.

A lot of trial and error as well as paper/pencil with rooms and time codes :)

Return to “Review Feedback”