2018/12/24: Wii: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/12/24: Wii: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 24th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Another new Christmas game review!

scotland

Re: 2018/12/24: Wii: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Postby scotland » December 24th, 2018, 4:29 pm

Funny that someone gave it an A+ reader review already.

This one didn't measure up to Santa Claus is coming to town, I guess. I think Rudolph is also a DS game.

The snowman is The Bumble, or Abominable Snowman of the North. I kinda feel bad he had nonconsenual dentistry, but he does seem happy at the end of the story.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 25th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Damn, still got another Christmas review or two in progress! Hope you guys will grant me a grace period until New Years!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 26th, 2018, 12:47 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Damn, still got another Christmas review or two in progress! Hope you guys will grant me a grace period until New Years!

Consider it a Christmas gift.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » December 26th, 2018, 7:13 am

Did you know Rudolph is actually a female reindeer? Male reindeer lose their antlers in the winter, female reindeer keep them. And Rudolph is mostly seen with an antler...

sixam

Postby sixam » December 26th, 2018, 3:47 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:Did you know Rudolph is actually a female reindeer? Male reindeer lose their antlers in the winter, female reindeer keep them. And Rudolph is mostly seen with an antler...

Male reindeer don't start shedding their antlers until they are two years old. Rudolph was too young to lose his antlers. This article explains all about reindeer antlers:

https://www.gazettetimes.com/a-rumor-ab ... ee59a.html

As the article explains, Rudolph was too young to be strong enough enough to pull Santa's sled. But he was just out in front, lighting the way. The eight reindeer behind him were doing the actual work.

More interesting is the fact that Rodolph's father, Donner, still has his antlers. This means that Donner is a CASTRATED male reindeer!! Increased testosterone levels that coincide with the rut trigger the shedding of antlers. Male reindeer that are castrated do not exhibit these increases in testosterone and subsequently do not shed their antlers until later. They would retain their antlers through the critical Christmas period, thus making then eligible to pull Santa's sleigh. This also raises the question of whether Donner is really Rodolph's father. Also, at some point in the future, Donner will have to have a talk with Rudolph, about what Santa has planned for him.

Maybe that last part should have been one of the mini games in this game.

GTS

Postby GTS » December 26th, 2018, 8:06 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Damn, still got another Christmas review or two in progress! Hope you guys will grant me a grace period until New Years!

You are fine; it's still the "holiday season" and I'm still seeing Christmas commercials. I can't wait to see your review of the Outlaw Golf Christmas games, LOL.

Return to “Review Feedback”