2018/12/29: Dreamcast: Grinch, The

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/12/29: Dreamcast: Grinch, The

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 29th, 2018, 1:29 pm

This is a review I really wanted to get out, as I've been sitting on it for a year or two. The original review was a C, which I think was a little generous. Thoughts?

Sonicx9

Re: 2018/12/29: Dreamcast: Grinch, The

Postby Sonicx9 » December 29th, 2018, 2:44 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This is a review I really wanted to get out, as I've been sitting on it for a year or two. The original review was a C, which I think was a little generous. Thoughts?

It interesting how when you first reviewed it, you thought it was decent/ok for it time, but over time you realized it got worse over the years and it gets a lower score. How did it go from that (2006 review vs 2018 review)? Any behind the scenes from the original review vs the new review?

goldenband

Re: 2018/12/29: Dreamcast: Grinch, The

Postby goldenband » December 30th, 2018, 1:17 am

I completely agree with your decision to re-review this one. You sometimes pan games I love (Gain Ground!!), but that's fine; this, however, was one of the few occasions where you praised a game and I was mystified as to why.

OTOH the main thing I don't like about the game is that it's just not clear enough about your objectives, and desperately needs a radar-type system to clue you in at times.

The controls and other minor annoyances, those I got used to -- but not that unpleasant 3D platformer feeling of not knowing where the heck I'm supposed to be looking for one of a zillion collectathon items (see also Looney Tunes on the GameCube), or whether a particular, just-out-of-reach item is meant to be reachable yet or not.

I don't know -- the game just isn't fun! Mostly, anyway. Taking out obnoxious little brats is amusing, except that it's not permanent. :twisted:

Return to “Review Feedback”