2019/2/2: GameCube: Pro Rally 2002, Tube Slider

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/2/2: GameCube: Pro Rally 2002, Tube Slider

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 2nd, 2019, 12:51 pm

Can't believe it had been almost two years since my last set of GameCube reviews! Too long!
Check these out and let me know what you think.

Paul Campbell

Re: 2019/2/2: GameCube: Pro Rally 2002, Tube Slider

Postby Paul Campbell » February 3rd, 2019, 2:25 am

Love the opening lines to the Pro Rally review. It's great to be male.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » February 3rd, 2019, 2:27 am

On a side note, is it just me or did the Wii almost eclipse the GameCube out of history? I feel like it's mentioned less often that any other mainstream console of recent memory...

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » February 3rd, 2019, 11:34 am

Paul Campbell wrote:On a side note, is it just me or did the Wii almost eclipse the GameCube out of history? I feel like it's mentioned less often that any other mainstream console of recent memory...

I would have to disagree. I've been seeing GameCube nostalgia everywhere over the past few years. Whether it's in Nintendo fan sites or fan groups on Facebook, or YouTube videos from the likes of rising stars like Scott The Woz or lesser known YouTubers like LiamTriforce and ThatOneSidequestGamer offering their retrospectives on the console, or the extended GCN intro meme (in which a really long version of the GameCube startup plays before ending in a completely different song), to continued demand for GCN games on Switch, it seems to me like the good old Purple Lunchbox has been receiving a lot of love in recent times.

And it really makes me happy. I love the console to death and it is honestly one of my favorite systems of all time. Back in the day when it was still alive and well, a lot of people made fun of the GameCube and it didn't get a whole lot of respect. So it's awesome to see one of my favorite consoles finally receive the appreciation it deserves.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » February 3rd, 2019, 4:29 pm

Typo: "water-downed" instead of "watered-down" in the, ahem, Tube Slider review.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » February 4th, 2019, 6:58 am

LoganRuckman wrote:
Paul Campbell wrote:On a side note, is it just me or did the Wii almost eclipse the GameCube out of history? I feel like it's mentioned less often that any other mainstream console of recent memory...

I would have to disagree. I've been seeing GameCube nostalgia everywhere over the past few years. Whether it's in Nintendo fan sites or fan groups on Facebook, or YouTube videos from the likes of rising stars like Scott The Woz or lesser known YouTubers like LiamTriforce and ThatOneSidequestGamer offering their retrospectives on the console, or the extended GCN intro meme (in which a really long version of the GameCube startup plays before ending in a completely different song), to continued demand for GCN games on Switch, it seems to me like the good old Purple Lunchbox has been receiving a lot of love in recent times.

And it really makes me happy. I love the console to death and it is honestly one of my favorite systems of all time. Back in the day when it was still alive and well, a lot of people made fun of the GameCube and it didn't get a whole lot of respect. So it's awesome to see one of my favourite consoles finally receive the appreciation it deserves.

I concur, a truly excellent machine. Nintendos best. The controllers were top notch. I think the lack to a DVD drive hurt it as at the time DVD was big, but it had the best games of that generation bar Halo.
I always thought the graphics on the wii were 1 down from the cube. That is why I never bought 1.

Return to “Review Feedback”